• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Failed emissions again - LT1 (fuck illinois)

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
You can always get racecar/showcar exemption if it's just a weekend toy.

I was going to do that actually but was not sure what form I need to fill out from the ilsos. I got the pics together and title and stuff but never sent it in. lol Wasnt sure if I need to fill out an Application for Title and Registration, or corrected title or what. I kinda gave up and just tried to get it re-tuned.

I drive the car like 3-500 miles a year so it would work for me.

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
But you can just buy those things and not worry about changing anything in the computer.

This is what I did on my Vibe GT. It needed a new cat, so I bought a Random Tech and had it installed. Well, now there was too much flow and it would set the CEL. I got an extender from AMS and voila, no more CEL. It passed many times after that, never setting the code again.

Are you folks testing to register the vehicle in question? Because currently due to deficiencies in the budget, the state isn't sending the notices to renew, and are therefore exempting expired plates of emissions required registration.

My Impreza was expired for more than a year before it happened (they were yellow tags only a few months ago) and I went to the local currency exchange and they hooked it right up. No late fee or anything. Fucking nuts. This state is officially pay to play and for once it worked out in my favor.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
My neighbor's GM car (very similar situation to yours) just passed the other day.

Don't bother buying you license plate sticker there in the office. They charge $7.50 convenience charge.

And when you are getting in line, keep in mind there are four lanes, but some lanes can process two cars at a time, so they go twice as fast.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I was going to do that actually but was not sure what form I need to fill out from the ilsos. I got the pics together and title and stuff but never sent it in. lol Wasnt sure if I need to fill out an Application for Title and Registration, or corrected title or what. I kinda gave up and just tried to get it re-tuned.

I drive the car like 3-500 miles a year so it would work for me.

All u do is download the form and u have to send them your carshow- collectors policy either thru email or fax and you will easily be approved. I believe Angela can get you that new policy thru grundy

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Are you folks testing to register the vehicle in question? Because currently due to deficiencies in the budget, the state isn't sending the notices to renew, and are therefore exempting expired plates of emissions required registration.

My Impreza was expired for more than a year before it happened (they were yellow tags only a few months ago) and I went to the local currency exchange and they hooked it right up. No late fee or anything. Fucking nuts. This state is officially pay to play and for once it worked out in my favor.

Well i know where im going for lunch.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I know I can do that, but if you look at the other systems showing not supported that will only solve part of the problem I think. Im just going to register it in WI, fuck the IL bullshit.

Maybe if you have it retuned and just have the codes turned back on along with the anti foulers?

Dunno which one is cheaper or convenient. I only did the anti foulers cause it was a California car that had 2 cats, and of course the cheapest IIRC was around 1K which was more than the car was worth. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info