Oct 5, 2012
I'd definitely wait until they work out all the

evil laugh gremlins GIF

Reactions: frank

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
My Ram is starting to show it's age so I did some research on the lightning. It sounds like in 2025 it moves to it's own platform and off of an electrified F-150. I'm holding out for that and Ram's EV offering. I'm also starting to dig into the F-150 PHEV and it's pretty impressive. I hate myself right now.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Yeah honestly Ram did a great job supporting me with my 19 1500. I had one of the first ones and it needed lots of electrical and ECU help. Can't imagine what an entirely electric vehicle issues will look like...

And RIP performance market. ?

Never getting rid of my diesel truck!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

When Ford announced its electric pickup in May 2021, the company estimated the standard battery pack version would make 426 horsepower, and the extended range version would make 563. Now that it’s actually building them, those numbers have gotten a bump: the standard range will produce 452 horsepower, and the extended will get a whopping 580 horsepower. For context, the V8 turbocharged diesels that Ford puts in its Super Duty trucks (think F-250 to F-450) top out around 475 horsepower — though those engines do make 1,050 pound-feet of torque, which is more than the 775 pound-feet the Lightning can do.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
The truck is getting more interesting.

Give me a 350HP option with another 100 miles of range and it'll be very enticing.
Yea I don’t understand the reasoning behind the silly hp numbers. I assume to entice people to buy them? Make a realistic truck that goes much further instead.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

"Ford customers also all get free 120- or 240-volt AC charging cables so they can charge wherever a plug is available. Extended range F-150 Lightning owners also get a free 80-amp charging station, although the actual installation of the station must be paid for by the vehicle's owner."

Meme Reaction GIF

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
The truck is getting more interesting.

Give me a 350HP option with another 100 miles of range and it'll be very enticing.
It’s a function of battery capacity mostly which is why the range increases with HP. More battery in parallel gives it the ability to draw more current. Same thing for power tools. 2ah battery and 5ah battery will have a difference in torque for a saw/impact/whatever

Reactions: v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
It’s a function of battery capacity mostly which is why the range increases with HP. More battery in parallel gives it the ability to draw more current. Same thing for power tools. 2ah battery and 5ah battery will have a difference in torque for a saw/impact/whatever
I get this, but man is it tough to break the ICE mindset. There's really nothing apples to apples about them and EVs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info