Esurance/GEICO insurance users step-in...

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I drive this so little we would be talking an animal actually running into it not the Burb running into an animal.

The chances of it getting stolen are ultra low. I wasn't bringing up a legitimate concern. I worry more about a tree falling on it.

I have one of these fine pieces protecting it when it is parked in my driveway:

top_1640.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I drive this so little we would be talking an animal actually running into it not the Burb running into an animal.

The chances of it getting stolen are ultra low. I wasn't bringing up a legitimate concern. I worry more about a tree falling on it.

I have one of these fine pieces protecting it when it is parked in my driveway:

miht be worth looking into tho... i mean comp is usually pretty cheap and would cover that tree :rofl:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Just switched to Esurance today (now owned by allstate), Saved me $430 every 6 months on my premiums.......

was paying $570 every 6 months for the mustang alone, was quoted $980 (total every 6 months) to add Miss Esa and her truck to my policy, and about shit a brick (She has a clean, claim-free record since she got her license, and I only have a single infraction, which was JUST under 3 years ago).

Did an online quote with Esurance while on the phone with my current carrier, and told them goodbye... $551 every 6 months for full coverage on an 06 Mustang GT Convertible, and an 08 Tacoma (TRD/V-6/4X4/Accesscab).

Ameriprise were good people to deal with, but after being with them for nearly 6 years, that steep quote killed it for me, and am glad to see minimal esurance complaints.

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
This is very interesting, I've read at least 3 other threads on various other car-related message boards regarding Geico, and this is literally the 1st and only one where people had mostly positive things to say about them. The other threads I've read are absolutely chock-full of horror stories about their customer service, adjusters, and "preferred" shops. The one that sticks out to me was on LS1GTO where a guy was dropped by Geico for having put "aftermarket poly bushings" in his suspension. The Geico adjuster had evidently looked under the car and saw the red Pedders bushings he had on it, which is how that came about. I've also heard stories of Geico adjusters going to various amateur auto-racing events (like GLD fun run nights) and checking VIN numbers, then dropping members for participating. Anyways, bottom line is I've read enough to stay far, far away from those A-holes. I'll stick with my State Farm :)

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
This is very interesting, I've read at least 3 other threads on various other car-related message boards regarding Geico, and this is literally the 1st and only one where people had mostly positive things to say about them. The other threads I've read are absolutely chock-full of horror stories about their customer service, adjusters, and "preferred" shops. The one that sticks out to me was on LS1GTO where a guy was dropped by Geico for having put "aftermarket poly bushings" in his suspension. The Geico adjuster had evidently looked under the car and saw the red Pedders bushings he had on it, which is how that came about. I've also heard stories of Geico adjusters going to various amateur auto-racing events (like GLD fun run nights) and checking VIN numbers, then dropping members for participating. Anyways, bottom line is I've read enough to stay far, far away from those A-holes. I'll stick with my State Farm :)

So a couple hundred cars and they check all the vins to see which ones they cover? And all the owners don't ask them why they are messing with their vehicles as they do this? I would think someone with a clip board looking under a car might end up with a wrench alongside their head.
I also have to imagine there would be a lot more howling on the internet by guys that where at the track and then had their insurance dropped.

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Allstate gave me an awesome rate for my cars, but my buddy is now a state farm agent and I hear they're much better to deal with when it comes to fixing the cars so I will probably be switching back, not to mention he actually got my rate cheaper.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I recently switched to geico from esurance... Apparently E-Surance will NOT insure a little mustang with a blower :picard:

Lost my license in 2007 for 1 year... less than stellar driving record.

I pay $500/ 6 for full coverage on the Escape, and Liability on the SHO.

I have American Modern Home Ins for the Cobra. Full coverage for $325 / YEAR. If I total the cobra, I get $25,000 no questions asked :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info