• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dynotune Numbers in - 3 boltons

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I had Bob Kurgan do the tuning. He was very helpful and I'd recommend him to anyone.

2003 Cobra convertible, 20,500 miles, mods: 2.93 Billetflow Upper, JLT RAI, Flowmaster catback. And makings of some belt slip in high rpms.

455/465

dynotune.jpg

Myspace video with my video camera:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=31060876

My cobra did the SAME exact little dips at the top of the rev range. My tuner and I both thought it was belt slip too, but it turned out to be the COT (cat over temp) thing in the tune was not disabled and it was throwing fuel in at the upper revs to keep the cats cool. Im sure bob disabled that, but it doesnt hurt to check it out. I have heard of a few other cobras doing that same thing if that COT thing is not disabled in the tune.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
My cobra did the SAME exact little dips at the top of the rev range. My tuner and I both thought it was belt slip too, but it turned out to be the COT (cat over temp) thing in the tune was not disabled and it was throwing fuel in at the upper revs to keep the cats cool. Im sure bob disabled that, but it doesnt hurt to check it out. I have heard of a few other cobras doing that same thing if that COT thing is not disabled in the tune.

actually, yours went dead rich (COT automatic reply).... this was on MPH, not rpm... that little thing at the top is the timing when the stop record button is pushed and the throttle is let off..

and i think James from RWTD pointed that out for you on modularfords.

Hey bob no matter what asshat says bout you. You have my business for life. I saw what you do and the respect you have in the racing industry. Anybody who is in our area goes somewhere else is not to bright. You r a quiet person and you let what you do extremely well talk for itself and let me tell you and the rest that your work is second to none. :headbang: Keep up the amazing work and my car will be into you too and i am glad to pay the bill in cash.

Sep 17, 2005
dont make me get slicks and pop u one with an 11 :p :alcoholic Oh yeah even us41 would make me get a rollbar if I did 11 tho. NHRA tracks require rollbar for what? under 13.5?

Thanks again BOB!

:laughing2 Have you raced at 41 lately? They have no tech there. Maybe if you ran in the 10's they might say something, even then thats not a given. Anyway great numbers, You are running the same mods i have, except i dont have a Kurgan tune, im just on the 93 Pulley tune that comes stock with the Diablo Tuner. hope to see you around this year :biggthump

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
dont make me get slicks and pop u one with an 11 :p :alcoholic Oh yeah even us41 would make me get a rollbar if I did 11 tho. NHRA tracks require rollbar for what? under 13.5?

Thanks again BOB!

Hah, 41 you can get away with it. I hit 11.95 with 2.8pulley, cat back, cai and MT DR's, they didnt say a word to me. And now with the KB I do it all the time and they never even asked me once about a roll bar.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info