Dodge Charger

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the new chargers? I've loved the look of them since they've come out, and have seen the R/t's run 13's stock. Thinking about picking one up once I'm done with tech school and have the cash. (and no, I don't care if Chrysler is tanking)

Hell, even if I could find a nice used SRT8 I'd jump at it.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
My buddy has one and he loves it, although it lost in a race to my friends toyota tundra.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I like how they look, and they are kinda quick from the factory. If you plan on modding it much beyond a catback and intake then dont waste your time. They arent very mod friendly at all.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
no srt8, no care. id rock the fuck out of one of those

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Reaction score
I like how they look, and they are kinda quick from the factory. If you plan on modding it much beyond a catback and intake then dont waste your time. They arent very mod friendly at all.
I'm surprised they don't respond well to mods. What makes them so bad?

OP
Spicy McHaggiz

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Reaction score
Interesting, from what I've seen on chargerforums.com a tune, exhaust, and intake can cut out quite a bit from 1/4 mile times. I've even seen some 12's with minor mods.

Either way, I dig em.

Edit: This dude ran 11.54 with these mods on an R/t.

2006 R/T R/T / PPP 6.1/392 /PPP Stage 2 Heads/PPP Custom Cam/ Precision 3200 TC / Frankencooler Trans Cooler / Police Oil cooler / Dynatech Headers / Bassanni Catback/ / Dub Air CAI / 180 Deg T-Stat / 488 rwhp & 442 rwtq / 11.80 @ 118 Dragway 42

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105181

Primalzer

Reaction score
My parents have a Magnum R/T, which is a cross between the 300C and the Charger. It's nice, really comfy on long trips, even though the seats are firm they are really supportive. They have nice power, good torque, but i think if you are looking at modding and doing some shit, I would say look elsewhere as they are pigs. Gas mileage isn't as good as we thought it was going to be, but I'm not sure if you care

OP
Spicy McHaggiz

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Reaction score
I look at it this way, I should have the money with my wife going on salary and me getting shit for being active. Gas mileage isn't a big deal, I've seen some say 15 city 25 highway. Mods, I plan on a few power wise but probly will just go straight line anyways. Looks, definetly interested, for whatever reason I love the charger look. And the interior looks quite roomy.

Either way, IF I do get one, it should be a fun time. I'm kinda over 4 cylinder fwd cars.

Primalzer

Reaction score
I look at it this way, I should have the money with my wife going on salary and me getting shit for being active. Gas mileage isn't a big deal, I've seen some say 15 city 25 highway. Mods, I plan on a few power wise but probly will just go straight line anyways. Looks, definetly interested, for whatever reason I love the charger look. And the interior looks quite roomy.

Either way, IF I do get one, it should be a fun time. I'm kinda over 4 cylinder fwd cars.
Yeah 25 is where abouts of what you'll probably get if you are careful. Me and Poopshinanigons did a road trip to Florida and back from Chicago in his 300C. We averaged probably around 23-25 doing about 73 with the A/C going. And yeah I'm over FWD in general. It's just a waste. My next car will almost definitely be RWD. Now I just need a company to make a new RWD diesel sedan.

KaMaSuTrA

Resident Sexi Man
Reaction score
I'm sure there are good priced SRT8's out there. Might as well go all out if your going to get one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom