dear cubs fans.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Dont fret though cubbie fans. Im sure eventually everyone will wake up or die when the cubs still have not done anything, the stadium will look like what the Cleveland Indians stadium looked like in Major League, and the owners will hope to god they lose so bad that they can relocate the team, replace everyone on it, and then maybe start a baseball dynasty. Cause the magic at Wrigley just really isnt cutting it now is it?? :mamoru: :rofl:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
having the best record in the NL and going to the playoffs 2 years in a row.... yea the cubs must suck ass... you people are idiots.

The Patriots were 17-1 last season. They must rule all and be champions right? :roflpicard: You also missed a part of my post.

The Cubs are the fourth team to go winless in the postseason in consecutive years, joining the Minnesota Twins (1969 and '70); the Dodgers (1995 and '96); and the Texas Rangers (1998 and '99).

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I agree. I have never, and will never by any means say they sucked this year. They played a great season. Why they decided to choke on a dick in the playoffs?? Who knows. I am going to assume that it doesnt help when old ladies in their 70s are chanting and praying for the cubs to do something in their lifetime. Im sure that is a HUGE burdon on the players. Ask yourself this. If you were a rookie major leager, and you were drafted to the cubs, what are your automatic assumptions?? "Well, thats great. A team that hasnt done anything in 100 years."

Just like the Bears are known as a "palce for wide recievers to retire." Mushin Muhammad actually said that. It is hard to break an image.

However, the biggest thing that irks me, is that Gyro, Rebel, Tanya, and all the "die hard cub fans", will say the Sox suck so fucking bad if they lose tonight. Totally forgetting that they are a Chicago team, and have actually won a WS in the last 5 years. I hope they dont watch other Chicago sports otherwise they are hypocrits since those teams are not the Cubs.

Last edited:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
kinda on-topic but we were talking about this last night. Baseball players should start at a reasonable salary, enough to have a car and a roof over there head, but nothing they don't need. If they don't win, they don't get paid, simple as that. I think this will make players play a lot better. If you hit balls and make plays as normal you will make millions (as they do now)

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
It does suck that the cubbies lost. I just root for a Chicago team to win at whatever sport. I've started out by going to sox games, then went to cubs, and now back to mostly sox (my gf's dad has season tickets every year). But I just want to see ANY CHICAGO team win. I grew up around the area and I root for the area.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
kinda on-topic but we were talking about this last night. Baseball players should start at a reasonable salary, enough to have a car and a roof over there head, but nothing they don't need. If they don't win, they don't get paid, simple as that. I think this will make players play a lot better. If you hit balls and make plays as normal you will make millions (as they do now)

I can see the logic in that, and that possibly could work. Of course you'd get the pussy hurt players that would bitch and complain because they want the money up front...yada yada yada. Then some would probably just stop playing. I'm sure not a lot, but there's bound to be a few none the less.

I'll bet you anything that something's rigged. For the cubs to get dominated like that in the post season...just doesn't really add up to me. They can play. They're good. They had a pretty good record during the season, and only to get swept off their feet like that...:picard:

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Dont fret though cubbie fans. Im sure eventually everyone will wake up or die when the cubs still have not done anything, the stadium will look like what the Cleveland Indians stadium looked like in Major League, and the owners will hope to god they lose so bad that they can relocate the team, replace everyone on it, and then maybe start a baseball dynasty. Cause the magic at Wrigley just really isnt cutting it now is it?? :mamoru: :rofl:

You mean County Stadium? Where the Brewers played before Miller Park. I was so pissed last night. Lee was trying to get something started, but no one backed him up. Fukudome finally got a hit, for the series and Soriano went 1-1.1mil or something. I know that the Dodgers have some of the best pitching in the NL but really. We owned them in the regular season and manny shouldnt have been that HUGE factor.

Oh and for rooting for The Sox? Fuck that, GO BREW CREW!!!

moviebuff

Basically, I like movies
Nov 26, 2007
Hanover Park/Bloomington Normal
Says the retard that comes onto a car site and speaks of conspiracy theories and radical right wing bullshit that turns other people off on the idea. :picard:

Hey, cub fans, the Sox did something your team couldnt do 2 years in a row. Win a game in the playoffs. :rofl:

maaaaan if ur daughter wasn't so darn cute i'd hate you.... but ur lucky i just dislike u a lot lol :p

GenXisT

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
doesn't change the fact that you're a fucking idiot...
comes on to car sites and speaks of sports teams that don't affect his life either way...
I guess the stuff I talk about in no way affects anyone's life.

knuckle-dragger. Of course you couldn't understand...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info