Dealer left drill in my engine.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
So I returned it. Asked them to check it out again, but they said that the oil I put in it a little over a month ago was so bad and sludgy that I'd have to wait at least 500-1000 miles before he'd look at it again.

Took it to another place and they said it sounded perfectly normal... So yeah...

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
So I returned it. Asked them to check it out again, but they said that the oil I put in it a little over a month ago was so bad and sludgy that I'd have to wait at least 500-1000 miles before he'd look at it again.

Took it to another place and they said it sounded perfectly normal... So yeah...

uhh.. what?

dont you have a new car?

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Kind of scary if you ask me.
I mean if the tech was forgetful enough to leave a drill, what else did he forget to do on the work you requested????

Did he torque the bolts correctly?
Did he install the correct parts correctly?

I would go back and have a talk with them as well as have them inspect the work that was done to make sure all is correct. I'm thinking a year of free oil changes are in order here.

What would happen if the drill got caught in some moving part and caused damage?
You could have stalled pulling onto a highway in front of a semi.

F.O.D. (foriegn object damage) can be a very bad thing.

Thats scary as hell. What if it hit something as you were driving? I say keep it. For what they get paid they can get another one. Plus its a lesson learned. Hey Rebel, did you ever replace those seal things on the doors of your car??

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
Felt like giving an update. Found out that dealer put too much oil in the car. I think they may have thought it's a supercharged one, which would explain why they thought I was quart and half low. So right now I have too many oil. Tried taking it to them and explaining to them but he just dicking around.

I tried to show the oil level as accurate as possible. I got a picture, maybe I'm an idiot but it looks to be a little overfilled. Maybe syp can correct me if I'm wrong? He used to own a cobalt.

CIMG0616.jpg

Also a tech who says he owns a cobalt says that my ticking noise is completely normal and it's caused by the high pressure fuel pump. Also my oil looks pretty clean after 600 miles. I figured from all the "gunk and tar" from my "old" oil it would have looked a little dirtier.

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
i work at a stealership..(lol) and from my personal experience all the ecotec motors are noisy..like lots of ticking and what not..cant really tell by the pic where the oil level is but 5qts. is max full on these engines. see the 4 notches on the dipstick..the oil should be to the top line above the 4th notch

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info