Dealer left drill in my engine.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Rears should be quite a while. I usually changes the front twice per one set of rears.

x2, if its setup like most all FWD cars the rears provide like 25% of total braking and will last twice as long if not long than the fronts

my ORIGINAL rears on the buick got changed at 98k

though alot has to do with the rotors themselves and the compound of the pads

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
as i recall there is a bulletin for cobalt rear brakes concerning them freezing up, yours might be doing that and getting rusty and nasty. as far as warranty goes, i think it is 1 year or 12K for wear items such as clutch or brakes.

and i agree with ilikebmx.... ill take that impact off your hands :)

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
on another note, i can see leaving small tools (screwdriver, socket) in somebodys car, hell ive done that before, but an impact? that is unbeliveable

x2. especially if it's a snapon/matco/mac brand impact. they run 200-400 new depending on what strength and size socket it holds.
i bet the tech is hoping you will come back so he can claim his tool. :picard:

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
x2. especially if it's a snapon/matco/mac brand impact. they run 200-400 new depending on what strength and size socket it holds.
i bet the tech is hoping you will come back so he can claim his tool. :picard:

Yeah it's a snapon. Probably try to use it to convince them to replace my rotors.

as i recall there is a bulletin for cobalt rear brakes concerning them freezing up, yours might be doing that and getting rusty and nasty. as far as warranty goes, i think it is 1 year or 12K for wear items such as clutch or brakes.

and i agree with ilikebmx.... ill take that impact off your hands :)

I don't know about freezing up, but they have scores in them and groves. I definitely know they should be replaced. Car is only a year old, almost all daily driving. If anything the front ones should go way before the rear.

Vid is processing now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEtwxmeu19Q

Tuner World

The tech kid!!
Mar 8, 2009
Hoffman Estates
Hehe I took the drill off his hands :p

I was doin' tires on it and I heard the ticking. I've been telling him ever since he bought the car that that ticking is not normal but the dealer told him it was the direct ignition or something, it sounds like a lifter to me though. I'm gonna go to the dealership with him and see what they say and call them out if anything goes downhill. Worse comes to worse, I have their drill :)

And if it is the mechanic's, I'll give it back I would feel like a fuckbag if I didn't. If it's the dealers, I'm keepin it :p

It's actually an electronic screwdriver. Link to exact item

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...group_ID=19915&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I don't know if it's the mic picking up that noise -- it's hard to tell -- but I've driven and heard a lot of direct injection cars, including the turbo SS, and that doesn't sound normal. Direct injection usually sounds like typical injector ticking but a little louder and noticeable outside the car. If it's a Chevy dealership, have them start up another new Cobalt on the lot and compare.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
That's the thing. I've been to four dealerships and none of them have a turbo cobalt to compare to. The direct injection is the slow tick that starts halfway through the video. I know what that sounds like. It's like tick (2 two seconds) tick, (2 two seconds). It's interesting though, but that's the first time I've noticed the fast tick go away in a couple days, but it came back a minute after I turned off the camera so it's not a car needing to warm up issue. (Also had just got home from work when I recored the video)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info