Coyote vs LS Round 784

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
If you are checking out two cars at the track, and one guy is thumping his chest that he made 440rwhp with a tune and E85 and runs 11.4s, and the other has another guy has a car with a converter, headers and a tune and he runs 10.9s, which car is more impressive.

The latter my friends is a 6th gen Camaro.

I know some max effort Coyote combos have gone extremely fast but you guys are glossing over all the other work that went into that black truck or other linked combos.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
If you are checking out two cars at the track, and one guy is thumping his chest that he made 440rwhp with a tune and E85 and runs 11.4s, and the other has another guy has a car with a converter, headers and a tune and he runs 10.9s, which car is more impressive.

The latter my friends is a 6th gen Camaro.

I know some max effort Coyote combos have gone extremely fast but you guys are glossing over all the other work that went into that black truck or other linked combos.
I like cars that do more with less.

That's why Coyotes are hard to beat. :s00ls:

Reactions: SleeperLS

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Them: "I know a guy who made 440rwhp with just a tune and E85."

Me: "Okay."

I guess I'm more interested in the end result, is the car raced and is it competitive?

I don't really dislike the Coyote platform but I don't really have much interest in hearing about people throw other cars into the conversation I'd rather hear what they've done with it since they went to the effort to make a big deal about it.

I know Bert for example, I know what he's run NA in the past, it was pretty decent. I can respect that.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I don't really dislike the Coyote platform but I don't really have much interest in hearing about people throw other cars into the conversation I'd rather hear what they've done with it since they went to the effort to make a big deal about it.

First off, you talk about LS guys all over the country that probably one other person on TCG has heard of. And didn't you JUST use your buddy's car as an example one post before this? Really?! :iorofl: Calm down. lol

Second off, I said four or five people posted in the LS3 vs Coyote thread that went 10.9 to 11.1 with a completely stock longblock, Gen 1 Coyote, back 10-12 years ago.

Your example above about a 440whp 11.4 car and 10.9 car with less mods....I posted about my car in the LS3/coyote thread. Recap...

In 2012, my stock Gen-1 car, on a FORD tune, stock intake manifold, and stock exhaust manifolds went 11.44 @ 116. Probably 370-380whp. Basically, suspension work and Big-n-littles. With more left in it had I launched at a higher rpm. But then changed the combo before I got back around to it. I think it would have gone 11.1-11.2 dialed in. Again, FORD tune and stock motor in a car just on big-n-littles. And lots of launch rpm.

A year later it got a few odds and ends like an intake manifold and 93 octane custom tune. It went 11.1 with a jacked-up trans. Then 10's the last time I took it out before I just road-raced the car. It made 420-430whp. Again, the only lightweight mods were the big-n-littles.

Drew did the same, Joe's brother and Dennis were right there. I forgot who else on the board. But agreed, not many Gen 3 cars on here with n/a setups. Most go straight for boost and run 9's. With the same money that it would cost to run mid/bottom 10's n/a. Can't fault them for that.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I don't know any of the context in here but I went 8's on a high mile gen 3, stock head, stock bottom end, elgin cam iron 5.3 with nothing more than a nice turbo. Took whatever I threw at it for over 2 years and it lives on in another turbo car now.
Your car is a tin can drag queen. You could pull the bone stock Coyote out of my car, lower boost to 8psi, and run 8’s in your car.

I guess I'm more interested in the end result, is the car raced and is it competitive?

I know my car isn’t N/A, but it’s a 4K lb car that drives just as nice as stock with ZERO additional NVH and has all the creature comforts it came with. A little boost, some E85, and it runs mid 9’s with a stock motor, trans, and rear.

Didn’t you run 9’s in your turbo Camaro race car???

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Your car is a tin can drag queen. You could pull the bone stock Coyote out of my car, lower boost to 8psi, and run 8’s in your car.
I wont lie Joe's shortblock crossed my mind before :ROFLMAO: My car sat around 3100lbs race weight when I put it on GLD's scale so its not a light as you would think, but I dont disagree with ya

• Care
Reactions: BOTTLEFED

BOTTLEFED

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015

I know Bert for example, I know what he's run NA in the past, it was pretty decent. I can respect that.
you obviously don't know what berts car ran lol

• It's funny, you're a funny guy
Reactions: Pro Stock John

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
First off, you talk about LS guys all over the country that probably one other person on TCG has heard of. And didn't you JUST use your buddy's car as an example one post before this? Really?! :iorofl: Calm down. lol

Second off, I said four or five people posted in the LS3 vs Coyote thread that went 10.9 to 11.1 with a completely stock longblock, Gen 1 Coyote, back 10-12 years ago.

Your example above about a 440whp 11.4 car and 10.9 car with less mods....I posted about my car in the LS3/coyote thread. Recap...

In 2012, my stock Gen-1 car, on a FORD tune, stock intake manifold, and stock exhaust manifolds went 11.44 @ 116. Probably 370-380whp. Basically, suspension work and Big-n-littles. With more left in it had I launched at a higher rpm. But then changed the combo before I got back around to it. I think it would have gone 11.1-11.2 dialed in. Again, FORD tune and stock motor in a car just on big-n-littles. And lots of launch rpm.

A year later it got a few odds and ends like an intake manifold and 93 octane custom tune. It went 11.1 with a jacked-up trans. Then 10's the last time I took it out before I just road-raced the car. It made 420-430whp. Again, the only lightweight mods were the big-n-littles.

Drew did the same, Joe's brother and Dennis were right there. I forgot who else on the board. But agreed, not many Gen 3 cars on here with n/a setups. Most go straight for boost and run 9's. With the same money that it would cost to run mid/bottom 10's n/a. Can't fault them for that.
I don't really care what mods you had to go 10's, that's my point. I just care that it went 10.99. It's the Mustang guys who make a big deal about doing it with less parts. So what if the Mustang didn't have headers and the Camaro did.

Going 9's in a late model Mustang is not cheap so please don't slide past that neither is it for any late model application. I know what the PD / centri and turbo kits cost for Coyotes. Not cheap for GMs either. It's the same for both, 8k for a kit, 4k for a drag pack, add in a tune etc.... 15k or more to go 9s. let's not act like either platform is special in that way.

BOTTLEFED

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015
I don't really care what mods you had to go 10's, that's my point. I just care that it went 10.99. It's the Mustang guys who make a big deal about doing it with less parts. So what if the Mustang didn't have headers and the Camaro did.

Going 9's in a late model Mustang is not cheap so please don't slide past that neither is it for any late model application. I know what the PD / centri and turbo kits cost for Coyotes. Not cheap for GMs either. It's the same for both, 8k for a kit, 4k for a drag pack, add in a tune etc.... 15k or more to go 9s. let's not act like either platform is special in that way.
Pretty sure it takes alot more than 15k to get a newer camaro into the 9s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info