YouTube Cleetus McFarland (@garrett_1320video)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Pretty damn cool that they have this epic playground now.

Channeling my inner old man and wondering how all the hidden costs of maintaining a place that size + taxes + politics of a noise making facility work out.

wish them the best though! Sure as hell should make for great content

my inner old man went WAT ABOUT THE LIAAABILLATEEEE

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I have a good friend that's into racing that lives in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. Showed him this video. He owns a painting company there. So he stopped by the track this morning and talked to cleetus in person and offered to donate his services.
Tell him to tell Cleetus to answer my damn emails and give me a job! :rofl:

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I was not a very big fan of his channel until the Freedom Factory announcement. To me that's when it became subscription worthy. I know I'll never own a track. However, it would be the first stupid purchase I make if I ever give my SSN away to those bankers in charge of my long lost Nigerian prince cousin's estate.... Therefore I find it very interesting too see how much work it is to maintain and update a facility like that. He's giving some pretty good perspective on it, and it's extra cool to see him in there doing a lot of the grunt work himself while still maintaining his other duties. Talk about a busy guy.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I was not a very big fan of his channel until the Freedom Factory announcement. To me that's when it became subscription worthy. I know I'll never own a track. However, it would be the first stupid purchase I make if I ever give my SSN away to those bankers in charge of my long lost Nigerian prince cousin's estate.... Therefore I find it very interesting too see how much work it is to maintain and update a facility like that. He's giving some pretty good perspective on it, and it's extra cool to see him in there doing a lot of the grunt work himself while still maintaining his other duties. Talk about a busy guy.

People rarely understand how much work is involved in maintaining and operating a commercial facility. It's expensive and can be complicated. Add in the extra liability of racing and hooning, and it's going to cost him some serious money in insurance and attorney fees

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
People rarely understand how much work is involved in maintaining and operating a commercial facility. It's expensive and can be complicated. Add in the extra liability of racing and hooning, and it's going to cost him some serious money in insurance and attorney fees
I'm not doubting it. It's just cool to see a guy as personable as Cleetus owning, operating, and maintaining a place like that and watching him go through the ups and downs. I know he's already had a bunch of help, but I couldn't do what he's done even with all the donations and sponsors. It takes some serious hard work, a good personality, and networking skills to get where he is.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I read an article that he makes 700k a year from youtube. that and plus sponsors, I think he can afford it.

I could realistically see $700K a year in general repair and maintenance. I just did budgets for my properties, not including taxes, capital projects/depreciation, insurance, and any rent/mortgage payments, but it's around $600K for a not big office building. Granted, he's probably not going to spend what I am on cleaning, but he's probably going to spend a shit load more on exterior maintenance (lawncare, road repair, etc.) Electric for those stadium lights ain't cheap, but just general items that come up (AC repairs, fence repair, etc) and they add up quick, especially in an older facility like that where maintenance wasn't a top priority previously.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Take back out paying staff, concession workers, food costs, beer costs too.

I'm not saying it's impossible for him to be in the black, BUT many small tracks around the country have gone dark because of money issues.

Cleetus has a bit of a leg up, because he's got quite the following, and some people may travel, but how many Cleetus and Cars events do you think he can have there, and still attract that many people? It's not a huge metropolitan area. I have a hard time believing a year or two from now, locals paying $40 a pop for a dozen shows a year...maybe I'm wrong, and I hope I am. But I could definitely see it becoming a money pit, and getting out of hand quick...

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
His channel averages at least $200-250k per month, plus all of the other ad plugs, plus his merch, plus his other channel. I think he'll be just fine.

There are a lot of fatherless children out there that will come from across the country to his events so that shouldn't ever be a problem to fill the stands.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I could realistically see $700K a year in general repair and maintenance. I just did budgets for my properties, not including taxes, capital projects/depreciation, insurance, and any rent/mortgage payments, but it's around $600K for a not big office building. Granted, he's probably not going to spend what I am on cleaning, but he's probably going to spend a shit load more on exterior maintenance (lawncare, road repair, etc.) Electric for those stadium lights ain't cheap, but just general items that come up (AC repairs, fence repair, etc) and they add up quick, especially in an older facility like that where maintenance wasn't a top priority previously.

Based on the videos that I've watched, he's getting a lot of stuff pro bono. It seems like he's using his YouTube presence to get vendors onboard to help fix the track.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info