YouTube Cleetus McFarland (@garrett_1320video)

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Thanks guys for the kind words. I'll have to find my tcg shirt and see if it still fits lol. I have been losing weight on that freedom factory workout plan. Hard long working days in the heat of Florida will make anyone lose weight.

Absolutely love what I'm doing and they seem to love me right back. Sorry I haven't been on much. I get terrible signal where I'm living. Hoping to move onsite at the track soon with my travel trailer. Problem is there's not all three hookups in one spot and no where close.

Thanks everyone for the support

Good to see that you are happy again man. :h5:

Reactions: RICH17

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Yeah, the whole situation is fucked up. The dude who sold it to him is a realtor on the city council. Man talk about conflicts of interest. Yolo Douchebag did a decent podcast on the whole thing. As he points out, race track vs 4500 homes who's gonna win?
Yeah, them passing the development does't mean the track has to shut down. But we all know what's going to happen to the track once the new neighbors move in and start bitching about the 'noise'. And you can be sure any realtor selling those homes will downplay the noise to sell the house.

Don't have time to find the decision on the vote right now, but I'm sure it was passed because greedy fucks are thinking about the tax revenue.

So, once those houses are built, and the complaints roll in, they'll be forced to cut hours, and that will kill both the strip and oval.

Unless some kind of contractual agreement that's legally binding is put into place that noise from the track is exempt from the ordinances I don't see the track surviving at all.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Yeah, the whole situation is fucked up. The dude who sold it to him is a realtor on the city council. Man talk about conflicts of interest. Yolo Douchebag did a decent podcast on the whole thing. As he points out, race track vs 4500 homes who's gonna win?
Yeah, think what $5,000/yr or something in property taxes, so $22.5mm/year in tax revenue there alone. Then start dealing with all the other sales taxes they can collect, etc. Cleetus is fucked.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Man. Might have to turn to something else to earn a honest living.. Boohoo
I don't really have an issue with Cleetus as far as YT's go.

I mean, he's using YT add revenue to support he track, so he's providing a service back to the local community. That's way better than so many other YT's that are pretty much just about "look at Bugatti all you fucks bought me!".

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Yeah, them passing the development does't mean the track has to shut down. But we all know what's going to happen to the track once the new neighbors move in and start bitching about the 'noise'. And you can be sure any realtor selling those homes will downplay the noise to sell the house.

Don't have time to find the decision on the vote right now, but I'm sure it was passed because greedy fucks are thinking about the tax revenue.

So, once those houses are built, and the complaints roll in, they'll be forced to cut hours, and that will kill both the strip and oval.

Unless some kind of contractual agreement that's legally binding is put into place that noise from the track is exempt from the ordinances I don't see the track surviving at all.
I think where he needs to attack is how long ago the city council was looking into this development. If it was pre-purchase go after this guy for not disclosing. It makes sense he would sell first that land is worth more as a race track than as a plot for some houses before trying to knock it down and build houses.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Same story as Santa Fe Speedway. Started building houses out there and new neighbors complained about noise and traffic. Soon they condemned the land for being unsafe due to the lead content. Tore it down and built McMansions on the property. People used to have to take the train from Chicago to get out there because there where no roads, that's how long they been in business.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info