Cheap TV’s.......does it matter?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
So what i think is happening is the older digital converter box is having issues with the converter in the new TV. Newer boxes will have coax in and HDMI out to avoid this issue.

What model is the new TV? I bet the older TVs don't have a digital converter built in, hence the older box was needed and works fine with those TVs.

The new TV is a 43" Insignia 4K Amazon Fire TV
I will try the old converter box with my 2010 Insignia plasma TV. If that works,
Then I will try the HD box I was using in the bedroom to test the New TV.

If both work, then I'm good. If not, I will contact comcast for a new box.
I could go to the service place in Schaumburg but if they will just put one in the mail that's fine too.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
You could also try hooking the coax directly to the tv, and do a cable scan on the TV input. Since the new tv should have a digital converter built in.

I did this but did not scan on all of the choices, I think only the one I searched was antenna.

I have some trouble shooting to do... I'm just pissed I packed the TV up :rofl:

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
I would get a Vizio. I recenlty got a 55 toshiba. Its a media TV or fully smart. when I turn it on your home page is Roku. it will not take you to the TV tunner or channels like traditionally, for that you have to click a TV buttin on the controller. the controller has no numbers any more. its a good and bad thing depends where your at. I just got used to it.
TV has randomly shut down in some ocasions, my previous Vizio never had an issue once.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info