Cheap TV’s.......does it matter?

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
does Best Buy still sell Insignia ? The 40" TV I bought when I moved in to the TH 8 years ago is still going.
Plasma, FTMFW

I see less expensive smart TV's @ Walmart every Saturday... I contemplate buying one for the basement / workout area... would be nice to have YouTube on the TV

They do still see insignia. I think I might have also seen it at another store unless it's just a BB house brand. But I recall seeing only a single unit.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Cheapo wifi projector. Cost way less than a TV and new projectors are wifi smart enabled too.

My boy is getting a projector for christmas instead of a tv for Xbox use downstairs LOL. Hes gonna lose his shit playing on a 130" screen :rofl:

As for TCL bought my wife on of those what I thought was a cheapo 50" ones for upstairs when she had back surgery. I def wouldnt be worried about the "cheap walmart" TCL brand this TVs been awesome for the money.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Cheapo wifi projector. Cost way less than a TV and new projectors are wifi smart enabled too.

My boy is getting a projector for christmas instead of a tv for Xbox use downstairs LOL. Hes gonna lose his shit playing on a 130" screen :rofl:

As for TCL bought my wife on of those what I thought was a cheapo 50" ones for upstairs when she had back surgery. I def wouldnt be worried about the "cheap walmart" TCL brand this TVs been awesome for the money.
Not a good choice for my kids room. Bought a swivel wall mount and should work well for where it’s going. Hoping it’s not too big/bright though. If it is I may swap it with a spare room tv we have.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Think I'm gonna upgrade this Vizio today. My thing has been get home after work around 5:20, pop it on immediately (it's the bedroom TV)

Got in here at 9:30 last night and the fucker still did not turn on. It did pop sometime in the night.
Annoyed
[MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION]
Wife and I wanted to watch the Netflix bigfoot discovery show last night
:rofl:

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Think I'm gonna upgrade this Vizio today. My thing has been get home after work around 5:20, pop it on immediately (it's the bedroom TV)

Got in here at 9:30 last night and the fucker still did not turn on. It did pop sometime in the night.
Annoyed
[MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION]
Wife and I wanted to watch the Netflix bigfoot discovery show last night
:rofl:
Want a 55'' lg led that needs new led bars? Pretty sure the in laws would just give it to you. You'd need to replace the bars before it works but the part is cheap :dunno:

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Agree. You can get a really nice picture for a low price. My issue is speaker placement. Seems the cheaper brands have the speakers on the back where most of the more name brands have them located in the front. I use a sound bar so it’s irrelevant but just overview while I was looking last year.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Dynex, not Vizio.
Maybe I should never turn it off

20181222_090553.jpeg

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
Agree. You can get a really nice picture for a low price. My issue is speaker placement. Seems the cheaper brands have the speakers on the back where most of the more name brands have them located in the front. I use a sound bar so it’s irrelevant but just overview while I was looking last year.

Agree. Most companies are cutting speaker budgets in order for better picture.

I have a sound bar as well. I feel like TV speakers are almost a must now.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Agree on newer TV sound being shit.

I bought an Insignia while we were in the rental condo as it had a corner fireplace shelf deal and would only allow a smaller size.

Been happy with it to not replace it yet even after the move.

Have a TCL too, solid TV. Sound on it blows away the Insignia and Samsungs we also have.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Tv showed up. Plugged it in without a cable box and haven’t gotten it on the wall yet. 43” is a good size, wife thinks it’s too big but I think once it’s on the wall she won’t care. Having Netflix and amazon is nice. Didn’t look to see if MOTD is on there yet.

One of the bigger complaints of these TCL TVs is they’re too dark but these people must be more sensitive than me because I think it looks great for $250. Might get another for our spare room if this one holds up.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Tv showed up. Plugged it in without a cable box and haven’t gotten it on the wall yet. 43” is a good size, wife thinks it’s too big but I think once it’s on the wall she won’t care. Having Netflix and amazon is nice. Didn’t look to see if MOTD is on there yet.

One of the bigger complaints of these TCL TVs is they’re too dark but these people must be more sensitive than me because I think it looks great for $250. Might get another for our spare room if this one holds up.

Got several here that have been running 24/7 for the last 3 months. No issues. 4 Vizios they replaced all turned blue after a year or so.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info