đź”– Deals Cash-starved Sears is putting everything on sale

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Thanks.

Like I said, I was fully expecting to come in today and get ushered in to a conference room to be given the pre-recorded HR message, simply because right now there are only sooo many apples left on the tree, if you catch my drift. So it's just when you become "expendable".

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
How many people are left there?

4. Honestly I don't know. A lot of today was also our San Fran office. I guess they found out by a notice on the door to the building that they had 5 days to vacate. Very classy...

On Wednesday Potbelly comes in as a rotating restaurant and even in our current skeleton crew base, it was a 45 minute line wait. Today I went down there and walked right up and ordered my Wreck NFG!!!

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I dunno how You have held out so long. I wouldn’t be able to stand working there where I know at any moment a friend or me could be walked out.

And like you said at this point they are long past severance packages. At least in the beginning you might have been taken care of pretty good.

Reactions: The Beast

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
They did something similar where I used to work. Over the course of 18 months they cut 75% of the workforce, leaving themselves incredibly top heavy. It was all a ploy to further their sale to another company. So all the fucksticks that consistently made bad decisions for years that cost almost 100 people their jobs all got new jobs at the purchaser while everyone else was left out in the cold holding a bag of shit.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I dunno how You have held out so long. I wouldn’t be able to stand working there where I know at any moment a friend or me could be walked out.

And like you said at this point they are long past severance packages. At least in the beginning you might have been taken care of pretty good.

It isn't that I hanging on because I enjoy this place. Coming here every day is like a kick in the balls. The problem is, as people keep getting axed, the workload doesn't decrease. And their work just gets piled on. So I am working 15 hour days just to keep my head afloat. In the little free time I have, I am looking. However, for every 50 Resumes/Applications I send out, i get but 2 or 3 responses, usually rejections or in the case of a couple that the position I applied for is on hold for whatever bizarre reason.

Another rumor that came about today, is that we only have payroll reserves for the next 6 weeks... :unsure:

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
You're shocked how... It's pretty much the same here... I'm shocked we're open and it doesn't look good in here either.

1) Half the lights are off at any given point in time
2) Certain bathrooms in each building have been completely closed.
3) Repairs aren't being done at all unless it's to make sure outside doors close. For example, the janitorial closet by the mens room in my "core" (which is still open), sprung a leak. Well it has soaked the floor completely and now you can smell mold in the carpet.
4) I've posted pics of the parking garage before and it's state of disrepair. When I leave at night, it is completely dark on my floor because all the lights (except one or two), are out and no one is replacing them.
5) I have to have my own space heater running all day because it's cold in here.

I don't know specifics but things will be coming to a head here shortly.

Rumors I hear;

1) There isn't enough cash to pay salaries for the Feb 15th payroll
2) We don't pay vendors. We pick and chose who we pay and when based on cash we have.
3) A large deal to sell a "business" failed to culminate this past weekend which would've helped cash flow some.
4) I was told that if a member places an order, and we don't have the inventory in a store or a DC, we are to cancel the order because we won't order any more inventory. This stems from point #2 above as a part of the story there, but leads me to a process of elimination that we're basically liquidating if we're only going to sell what we have.

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Seriously. Usually we start our annual plan around October'ish. For those that don't realize, our "fiscal year" isn't a normal calendar year from January - December. it's a fiscal year from February through January.

So yea, October, November, December came and not a peep. Even though we kept asking.

So I get back from Holiday vacation and get pulled in to meeting... Plan, for Feb (so they can get something in the system), is due next week. DaFUQ!

Now we're working on March through January and yesterday, had to be restarted again, because of things I mentioned earlier not happening. Now, I hear what they finally gave me has to be revised again for another change...

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Just had a phone pre-screen for a job... Maybe I can get off the Titanic...

Only problem, it isn't here in Chicago. So we'd have to have another chapter.

Get the fuck out man!

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

CMNTMXR57

TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
They should never expire, but I could see some crafty accounting going on where gift cards after a certain date/age be deemed a low probability for redemption and the reserve put on the balance sheet (when initially purchased), gets taken off and treated as income.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
They should never expire, but I could see some crafty accounting going on where gift cards after a certain date/age be deemed a low probability for redemption and the reserve put on the balance sheet (when initially purchased), gets taken off and treated as income.

Yes, I believe that a law was put in place a while back to prevent companies from charging fees and/or putting expiration dates on gift cards.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info