Gaming Car Mechanic Simulator 2021

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Welp now I've done it. completely run out of money in car mechanic simulator right in the middle of a job :ROFLMAO: I knew I shouldnt have purchased that car wash booth, but this asshole brings me a car that looks like he took it thru the eye of a sandstorm and I just couldn't work on it like that. I didn't even know the car was blue until I washed it. But now I'm fucked. This job was way bigger than I thought it was gonna be. I'm gonna have to take another job and sell parts off that persons car just to finish this job, then shove that car in a corner and hope I can get back on my feet and maybe eventually get everything back for that car :ROFLMAO:

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Welp now I've done it. completely run out of money in car mechanic simulator right in the middle of a job :ROFLMAO: I knew I shouldnt have purchased that car wash booth, but this asshole brings me a car that looks like he took it thru the eye of a sandstorm and I just couldn't work on it like that. I didn't even know the car was blue until I washed it. But now I'm fucked. This job was way bigger than I thought it was gonna be. I'm gonna have to take another job and sell parts off that persons car just to finish this job, then shove that car in a corner and hope I can get back on my feet and maybe eventually get everything back for that car :ROFLMAO:
This sounds way more realistic than it should be, I'd definitely tank it

Reactions: ldyzluvdis06

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
You must grab some screen shots of his horror show game. I know nothing of it

Reactions: sktchy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
This sounds way more realistic than it should be, I'd definitely tank it

FINALLY finished that job up. It was a story job. Those are always more involved but I've never had anything like this before. Besides the usual mechanical repairs I had to replace pretty much all the body panels AND windshield from the A pillar forward. The dude pretty much admitted he literally crashed it thru a sand dune.

Here's everything I had to strip off some poor saps car just to get enough money to finish that job. I had to actually type everything up in a note file on my laptop so I wouldn't lose track of everything :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

-gearbox (I4 RWD)
-starter
-drive shaft
-catalytic converter
-middle muffler
-rear muffler (V8 OHV)
-fuel pump
-front exhaust section (I4 SOHC)
-air filter base (I4B)
-air filter
-air filter cover (I4B)
-exhaust manifold (I4 SOHC)
-intake manifold (I4 MPI)
-throttle (I4)
-fuel rail MPI
-engine head cover (I4 SOHC)
-battery
-timing cover (I4 SOHC)
-alternator
-water pump (I4)
-power steering pump (I4
-crankshaft pully (I4)
-serpentime Belt (I4 SOHC)
-serpentine belt A
-idler roller A
-engine head (I4 SOHC)
-ignition coil (I4 SOHC)
-spark plug (X4)
-ignition wires (I4 SOHC)
-camshaft (I4 SOHC)
-camshaft cap (X5)
-radiator A
-radiator fan housing fan
-radiator fan housing
-cam gear (I4 SOHC)
-timing belt (I4 SOHC)
-belt tensioner

Once I do a few more jobs and get back on my feet now this person is going to have a brand new car if I ever get around to replacing everything :ROFLMAO:

You must grab some screen shots of his horror show game. I know nothing of it

I'll see what I can do

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Decided to pull these out of the what game are you playing thread, cuz I didnt wanna muck that one up any more than I had. This deserves its own thread now :ROFLMAO:

Suppose I should backtrack a bit. I recently upgraded to PS+ premium, cuz my renewal is in July, and it was only like $25 to upgrade for the remainder of my subscription, so I thought i'd check out and see what games became available to me. Car mechanic simulator was one of them (the original 2018 i think? version) I played that for a entire night, and then the next day promptly purchased CM 2021 :ROFLMAO:

DEEZUZ DEEZUZ

Here's the outside of my shop

ZKw0a6K.jpg

This is the poor saps car I had to almost entirely strip and sell his parts so I could finish the one main job I was working on, since I ran outta money..... He basically just brought this car in for a brake job :ROFLMAO: (we'll get to him later)

0SnGeCH.jpg

Here's the inside of my workspace, w/ my next job on the lift. Dont even remember what this one was brought in for

dZJEB5y.jpg

Here's where I mount and unmount tires and balance them

MnOhUGp.jpg

Here's the shop expansion i added on, which every guide will tell you not to expand your shop too quickly, which I of course absolutely ignored and lead to me running out of money in the middle of my last job

TChJFGF.jpg

The purchases didnt stop there tho, as I also added.....

a lathe to turn brake rotors, which I have used exactly one time

jko5wSA.jpg

And my wash bay, for when people bring me cars that have been buried in the ground.

lAzuPyk.jpg

And this is just a shot of the back of my lot

El52qBC.jpg

Now, getting back to the stripped car I currently have on my lot. I went over the complete parts list of everything I need to replace that I sold off his car, and it comes out to about $5500 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Definitely did not make that much selling all the junk parts off of his car. So I guess I'll be doing a few more jobs before I start replacing everything I stole off his car.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Is it as glitchy as say farm sim?

Never played farm sim, but I haven't really encountered any glitches, yet

Was the first post moved from somewhere? It's a weird opening lol. However, I look forward to your adventures like in that other game.

I started talking about it in the "what game are you currently playing" thread, and then it started to become more, so I broke it off into this thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Soo easier or harder than my summer car? Have you pissed on anybody yet?

Definitely easier. This game kinda holds your hand actually. tho there is an "expert" difficulty that says it removes descriptions, and parts and bolts outlines. But thats about it. Yeah this is definitely not my summer car :ROFLMAO: There are no saunas, no firewood to chop, no booze, basically nothing that will kill you. Cars come in, you do the repairs, send them out, and bring the next ones in. I'm still not too deep in the game, but the eventual goal is getting your own project car and working on it. They do have barns you can find parts and cars in, a junkyard, car auctions, but again I'm not at that point in the game yet. You can also take cars out to a test track , and an air strip, and there's even a race track. I usually bring the nicer cars that come in to the track or airstrip. Especially if they just bring it in so I can drain and refill their fucking washer fluid. At that point I'm gettin my moneys worth out of the car before I give it back to the customer :ROFLMAO:

This 2021 version of the game does have electric cars too, which is interesting. I worked on one of those last night, had to almost completely disassemble the electric motor to find a part that was busted inside of it. That was an new experience for me

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Maybe I’ll buy this then. I turned on my summer car for about 5 minutes a few weeks ago and decided I didn’t need that stress

Yeah this is like the COMPLETE opposite of MSC :ROFLMAO: this gameplay loop in this game is actually really satisfying as long as like you performing oil and brake changes over and over :LOL: The story jobs usually throw some curveballs at you tho. But so far the most stress I've encountered was being stupid and running out of money in the middlle of a big job :LOL: But I "solved" that problem..........

But just beware, because apparently credit lines do not exist in this game universe. If you hit $0, you gotta get creative.

• Love
Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I remember downloading this game a while ago and playing it once and never went back to it. I don't remember what about it didn't grab me, maybe I was just not feeling that type of game at the time. I still have it on my switch. Maybe I'll try it out again.

Edit: turns out the switch version is just a really bad port of the mobile version of the game, which sucks. That's why.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Took in this NOT A TESLA for a job.

PAouWVc.jpg

Lets see here, CUSTOMER STATES:

- The engine has no power. ( :ROFLMAO: well I think I already know what yer problem is)

- Vehicle cannot be started

-Suspension Rattling

-And a request for "general running gear control and repair" for which the customer actually provided the source of that issue, which was the double wishbone shock absorber.

The rest, I would have to figure out for myself.

Quick PRO TIP! : Things you should actually invest in as early as possible: compression tester, multimeter, and OBD scanner.

Couple quick scans gave me a couple quick answers. For the source of vehicle cannot be started, it happened to just be a relay in the fuse box, so that was a quick fix...once i actually found the fuse box :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I don't think i need a scanner to see what the problem is here.

okAB08E.jpg

That turned out to be a cable, and a power electronic controller. And there's actually a lotta shit inside that box you gotta take out before you can remove it :ROFLMAO: All better.

FmouaAJ.jpg

Now for the suspension issues, Here is the aforementioned double wishbone shock absorber, as well an outer tie rod that has seen better days.

jsYQSIU.jpg

And on the drivers side, I found this sway bar endlink was definitely a bit shot

OWFWFYa.jpg

Replaced all those, and viola!! good as new car, which I immediately took around the race track for a "test drive" and is now the current record lap holder for cars ive "tested" so far :ROFLMAO:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Had to take this job in because.............

well because Supra

IHbiuvR.jpg

WUFwGn5.jpg

customer states: (and he actually provided a detailed list of what needed replacing. I love these kinds of customers)

tapping sound from the engine bay

Replace:
-Alternator
-clutch release bearing
-exhaust manifold
-crank bearing cap
-flywheel
-water pump

timing needs replacing

Replace:
-belt tensioner
-water pump
-water pump pulley

yeah definitely see some not so good stuff there

KquMXsJ.jpg

trans removed, yeah more bad stuff in here

DdvBikT.jpg

for the crank cap that means oil drained and oil pan off.

VOW6bVh.jpg

There she is.

4c8d9Tp.jpg

Everything replaced and all better!

7DizVSe.jpg

Promptly took it out to the race track. :ROFLMAO: It did not beat my Tesla time.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I've been busy.

Got a pretty good payday from a story job, as well as some other normal jobs that had some decent payouts (i only tend to look for jobs now that have money or XP bonuses) so I of course ignored all logic again and splurged on some more shop upgrades.

Added a storage room for spare/extra parts to keep them out my normal inventory. I've made a few trips to the junkyard now, and it is HUGE and has tons of piles of shit you can rummage thru. I actually found a FEW pieces I needed to replace on that car I stripped everything off of :ROFLMAO: Plus a couple other random parts I picked up that were in pretty good condition, just in case I ever need them down the line

xcTBDAs.jpg

oqNJ0vg.jpg

Added a workbench area to repair body panels, tho I haven't been skilled enough to repair anything yet :ROFLMAO: Right now I'm dumping all my skill points into the Renovator tree (which is what you need to repair shit) so I'll work on maxing that out before I think about other skills)

ARgftZr.jpg

Also added a workbench for repairing mechanical parts (tho again, haven't had the right skills to actually fix anything yet)

30Tvy3o.jpg

And the big one. Added a paint booth! But this one was actually kinda necessary for the next story job I was about to take on

iKhMcYU.jpg

jFQy6cq.jpg

Because this is what got brought to me. Some dumb kid borrowed his dads "M3" and did some dumb shit with it, and now he brought to me on the DL so I could fix it for him. :LOL:

gqYnqVd.jpg

I read in the initial overview I was gonna have to repair or replace body panels, and repaint the car (hence the paint booth), plus a bunch of other shit that went wrong, and looking at the body, I figured EVERYTHING was going to have to be replaced, so I stripped every panel and piece of glass off the car, plus pretty much had to remove the entire rear passenger suspension because it was all just trash

57GPMyc.jpg

BUT then I actually looked at the work order, and found out he only wanted me to replace the front and rear bumper, a front headlight, and the front fenders :ROFLMAO: So, did all the mechanical work first, bought the body parts he wanted replaced, slapped it all together, and......ready for paint i guess?

h0ldVJG.jpg

Done! CANT EVEN TELL anything was wrong! :ROFLMAO:

GJrCmyM.jpg

I need to buy a welder next because that allows you to do full body repairs, which probably would have come in handy here, but he didnt request it so screw him!

Other things, this "Skyline" came in for some work (cant remember what) and it was looking quite ragged

epKedlu.jpg

But surprisingly the engine bay was UHMACULATE. Who woulda thought

a0XDc23.jpg

Also finally made a trip out to the car dealer, saw this nice bright yellow camaro in the showroom w/ AZ plates. Think it was like $140k or something ridiculous like that. Looks like my first car is going to have be obtained thru the junkyard or a barn, which speaking of, I am also finally level 10 now, which is what you need to be to unlock the barns! So it might be time to start seeing what I can dig up.

DM9F4nA.jpg

Im somewhat comfortable w/ cash right now, so maybe it's time to put that shmucks car that I stripped for parts back together and finally get it out of here. It's served its purpose :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info