WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Wtf is that dohc v8???

Amazing and I’m so glad you thought of me :rofl:

Always.

And yes it is :LOL: Think its rated for like 358hp factory. Not a bad engine in its own right, but I think I can do better. I'll try and post some updates later. I already pulled the engine, disassembled what was left of it, and repaired what I could

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Do you have to actually do the physical work or is this more just click a button that says repair or replace?

To bring it back to My Summer Car, you actually have to know what size sockets and such you need to remove/replace parts in that game. There isnt anything like that in this game :ROFLMAO: You do have to physically remove each and every part, but if theres bolts or anything like that to unscrew you just hold the button down and wait for all the bolts to come out, unless its seized, then you have spray it with DW-04 first. So its not AS challenging in that regard, but it still takes some time to completely disassemble and reassemble a motor

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Is DW-04 video game “don’t sue us” wd-40? :rofl:

It is EXACTLY that :ROFLMAO:

kGfEnBF.jpg

Reactions: sktchy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Pulled the motor out of the wagon and completely stripped whatever was left on it

lOdaq8Z.jpg

Repaired what I could, and out of everything, this is what I was left with :ROFLMAO: Doesnt matter, some of this may be able to be reused, most probably not, but could come in handy for other things

rpVy9wm.jpg

I then stripped what was left of the interior, which really just a front seat, and the rear bench :ROFLMAO:

i3axBY6.jpg

w64kwRP.jpg

Engine bay all cleaned up

7jQ1JXU.jpg

I then went for another stroll in the junkyard and sifted thru all the piles, got LOTS of parts not related to this build. But, also got a hood and rear drivers door for the wagon!! I cant believe how my face lit up when I found these :ROFLMAO:

KaUB9Js.jpg

KwqXz5t.jpg

I also discovered that I actually have SIX different warehouses I can store stuff in, so right now Im dumping all my wagon parts in one warehouse so i know what they're all for (y)

And also I have so many damn engine blocks I've pulled out of the junkyard, I'm storing them in their own warehouse as well :ROFLMAO:

Z40GJ63.jpg

I think my next move will be replace all the suspension/brakes/etc, get all the bones sorted out. Probably will just go scorched earth on that shit. Will repair but I can, but I'll just buy whatever else I need, I'm not sifting thru junk for the running gear

I also didnt really calculate what I spent repairing parts or what I spent on parts pulled out of the junkyard..........couldn't have more than 2k tho, if that.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Looks like you’ve got yourself a 96 wagon. Can confirm dash looks legit

Look at you! It is a 96. The official name for this car in the game is the Delray Highroad, and don't it just roll off the tongue :ROFLMAO:

dESLp1S.jpg

I definitely have my work cut out for me. Gonna see how far I get w/ the suspension tonight. I don't imagine it should take too long to rip everything out and replace it all w/ new shit :LOL: I'm going for upgraded performance parts wherever I can, so buying new is inevitable. Not gonna find any of that shit in a junk pile

Reactions: sktchy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Did some "engine shopping" w/ some customer cars :ROFLMAO:

This is likely what will wind up in my wagon. Its basically the same engine I pulled out of the car, but you toss a supercharger intake manifold and supercharger on it, and bam!!

hjb0uPw.jpg

Makes some serious power

JQlbfFV.jpg

All this customer wanted me to do was drain and refill his washer fluid. I made a whole $49 on this job :ROFLMAO: But I really just wanted to test this engine out. Needless to say it set a new record around the race track, even if it was a bit of a handful, and I also topped it out at 190 on the air strip. I actually have the intake manifold and supercharger I need in my storage, which would be nice if I was on a tight budget, but they also have performance versions of this supercharger and intake manifold, as well as the throttle body, engine heads, cams, pistons, etc, sooooooooo I'm just gonna buy all that :ROFLMAO: And apparently there are really no performance suspension related parts, aside from upgraded brake rotors, so :( won't be lowering the car or anything. I think CAN do it w/ an editor, but thats for the PC version, I don't think theres a way to do it on PS5

Anyways, this another option I have, which is more akin to an LS3

nE3bSCc.jpg

Still a fairly stout engine, but this one unfortunately can't be supercharged, so what you see is what you get. Again I could build it w/ performance parts and get more power out of it, along w/ tuning it on my dyno, but obviously doing the same w/ the other engine will also net even more gains. And I kinda like the idea that I can reuse the block I pulled out of it. Melding some of the original equipment w/ the new stuff.

E122qQl.jpg

Reactions: RedBeard and sktchy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Tossed an old seat and steering wheel I had sitting around in storage, just because I could :ROFLMAO: definitely not staying in the car

0jb8tFV.jpg

But enough horsing around. Lets get this suspension off

zHI5N9l.jpg

DONE!

Z087CDZ.jpg

Repaired what I could, and this is what I was left with :ROFLMAO:

lFqojul.jpg

And actually one of the bottom suspension arms, and one of the front axle covers were pulled out of my storage. So after all that, this was my shopping list, minus the brake discs because I can go performance on those.

QxUrJWd.jpg

And back up shiny and new!

jyJOQfO.jpg

mmmm

taygCP1.jpg

All in all spend about $2579 on repairs, new parts, and the peformance rotors. Now lets see about that rear end.

Reactions: RedBeard and sktchy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Alright then. Lets see what we can do about this

UWaC9VG.jpg

Removed!

hKv685v.jpg

Did my repairs, and here's what I could re-use. I was able to pull a leaf spring plate and a solid axle control arm out of my storage

0crQy57.jpg

So after all that, this was my shopping list

oX04AFa.jpg

So good

SkBjKjf.jpg

Rear end wasnt too bad. All in all after repairs and new parts, spent a total of $857

And shes back on the ground, with a new body panel!! snagged this passenger side fender from a barn I raided! Little by little!!

reUNuq6.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Rescued this C4 from a barn last night

USh4pk3.jpg

My main motivation was to see if the sawblades would fit on my wagon :ROFLMAO:

And they did!!

ibEMT7I.jpg

WKfBqcq.jpg

Which I was quite surprised by. These are 17s w/ 285 tires and stock setup is 15's w/ 225 I think. I didn't know you could increase the size. This changes everything. ???

Unfortunately I did not keep them. For some reason the flip game wasn't working on this vette. Even tho I was able to restore the frame, and repair all the body panels, all 4 of the sawblades, and I repaired some misc engine parts I could easily pull off, I still was only making like a 1100 "profit" on this thing, but really after what I spent repairing stuff, I still actually lost like 1k on this thing. If I woulda just slapped my wagon wheels back on the vette and sent it off I was gonna lose even more money, so I put the sawblades back on it and kept my boring wheels :ROFLMAO: This was really just more an experiment to see what could be possible on the wagon. Definitely has me thinking now

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Been awhile since I've done a story mission now :ROFLMAO: So I figured I'd knock the next one out. Some girl racer says she loves old japanese cars and this one is her jam. Dropped it off at the shop and it looks like it was just dragged straight outta the junkyard. Because it probably was.

Fa6BiQJ.jpg

This is what I had to work w/ for the engine. Missing tons of parts, and what was left look like hammered shit.

laxWeAd.jpg

BUT she only wanted certain parts replaced. And all those trips to the junkyard are finally starting to pay off, because I actually had several parts I needed already in my storage :ROFLMAO: But I also did need to buy lots of other shit, but only what she wanted done, and I threw all the other shit back on just as it was.

J9A4Rrj.jpg

She also wanted all the missing body panels/headlights/taillights/glass replaced. All the shit that was already on the car wasn't on the list, but I pulled it all off, repaired it (even the frame/body) and put it all back together. I'f im putting new body parts on it, I just can't leave everything else looking like shit :ROFLMAO: My OCD would make me a horrible mechanic IRL

FZTZhUS.jpg

I then bought all the missing body panels/glass/etc and got that all on. I still havent figured out how you hell you color match parts to the car w/out repainting the whole car. You can bring individual parts into the paint booth to paint, but there's no easy way to match the color to the car you're putting them on. I did read about soemthing, but I think I might need to upgrade my paint booth...... I'll have to check it out, cuz thats another thing that annoys my OCD :ROFLMAO:

YMI9MHV.jpg

Actually looks like a decent car now, minus the wheels

7Y8CdUb.jpg

All in all think I spent around $6300 on everything, but I made like $9500 on this job, so all in all not too bad! And I have a feeling this car will be back.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
And I usually don't jump right into another story mission right after I finish one up, but.....................

I kinda had to

gOKHFo3.jpg

Gave it a quick wash and it cleaned up pretty nice

Hik9omg.jpg

bOnjWAz.jpg

Didnt really have to do much to the engine on this one. But I did have to completely pull the front and rear suspension off :ROFLMAO: GOOD THING IVE GOT SOME EXPERIENCE THERE. Finished everything up and rolled my wagon out for a brief photo shoot

0d3Tso1.jpg

edAD2PV.jpg

Think I spend maybe $1500 on the parts and still made like $5500 on the job I think. After that car left the shop looked empty, so I rolled the wagon and my other car (hey remember that one!) in for a glamor shot

OoFxVpm.jpg

I wish I knew how to quit this game :ROFLMAO: I'm not even trying to resist it anymore. I figure if I just keep going i'll burn myself out at some point here

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
And I usually don't jump right into another story mission right after I finish one up, but.....................

I kinda had to

gOKHFo3.jpg

Gave it a quick wash and it cleaned up pretty nice

Hik9omg.jpg

bOnjWAz.jpg

Didnt really have to do much to the engine on this one. But I did have to completely pull the front and rear suspension off :ROFLMAO: GOOD THING IVE GOT SOME EXPERIENCE THERE. Finished everything up and rolled my wagon out for a brief photo shoot

0d3Tso1.jpg

edAD2PV.jpg

Think I spend maybe $1500 on the parts and still made like $5500 on the job I think. After that car left the shop looked empty, so I rolled the wagon and my other car (hey remember that one!) in for a glamor shot

OoFxVpm.jpg

I wish I knew how to quit this game :ROFLMAO: I'm not even trying to resist it anymore. I figure if I just keep going i'll burn myself out at some point here
Wtf are these buckets and console? Cuuuustom

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Found a mirror for my wagon! Piece by piece.

HTe76DZ.jpg

Also

Fished this out of a barn. Didnt really notice it in the barn, but when I got it back to my shop and put it in the wash bay I saw it

XVbSntz.jpg

YUP. Bought an ex cop car :ROFLMAO:

HmYodd1.jpg

t4fUO7V.jpg

flu6D8V.jpg

This MIGHT have just become my next project :LOL:

And DEEZUZ DEEZUZ , 60 hours, as of this posting. :rofl:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Few more pics of the cop car. She definitely needs some work.

BSbUoi3.jpg

YVFQFsw.jpg

E3thLGT.jpg

Also did some work on an EV earlier. Customer wanted me to increase the performance by "8-13%" :ROFLMAO: Never "modded"an EV motor before and I havent worked on enough of them in this game to really be familiar w/ them and readily know what CAN be modded on them. But I knew that there were EV "performance" parts that could be purchased. I basically pulled the whole electric motor out, disassembled it completely and create a shopping list for every single part, and then cross referenced everything on the list to see if it had a performance part alternative. Bought everything I could and reassembled the motor, but that only gave me a 6.4% gain. You can also upgrade the battery packs w/ performance ones, and each one gives you an extra 2% of power, but they're like 2k EACH, so thats why I saved that option for last. Good thing tho is I only had to buy one to get within the customers threshold.

OH also **PRO TIP** - when a customer says "increase performance by "8-13%" or whatever it is, obviously if youre below that, you wont get it, but if you go OVER that, it also does not count for completion. You have be within the customers spec. Cuz no respectable car guy wants MORE power than he was expecting :ROFLMAO:. I found that out the hard way one night

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Alright I've been putzing around long enough. The wagon needs love. TIME TO BUILD AN ENGINE

Started out first getting all the accessories into the engine bay

kqGpgzq.jpg

Even purchased my first performance mod! The air filter! You know its performance because its red.

YyzkjG1.jpg

I was able to pull/reuse some parts from my storage like the radiator, battery, air filter base and cover and radiator fan. Everything else was purchased

Now for the heart. I also discovered you can paint certain parts! So.............. of course

:fth:

URoO6C7.jpg

Crankshaft and pistons in. I purchased the performance pistons of course, and I'm also finally seeing the rewards of all the parts I've salvaged in my parts container, because I can upgrade these parts and get even more peformance out of them

HqK7GwP.jpg

Engine heads on, also performance heads. They were EXPENSIVE :ROFLMAO: Painted them as well, but.......I'm not sure what good it does to paint the INSIDE of the heads......don't know what kinda performance gains you can expect from that......but whatever

wCK6oEw.jpg

Just as an example, I was able to upgrade the heads from 10% extra performance

Jq3JU4o.jpg

Up to 13% performance!

TzEFwed.jpg

Cams, spark plugs, cam gears, and supercharger intake manifold and supercharger on. The cams, intake manifold, and supercharger are all performance parts, upgraded to the max w/ my salvage currency as well. Spark plugs are performance upgrades as well but i did not upgrade those further, because they're spark plugs

ND9UuYd.jpg

Seems like a good place to stop for tonight. Tossed it back in the car because I just wanted to see it, plus its just a logical place to store it while I go back to work on other things :love:

eTSz0db.jpg

I've spent about $12k JUST on the engine so far :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: But most of that is from the performance upgrades. The fucking heads alone were like $3400 for both of them. Only things I was able to reuse out of my storage was the engine block, crankshaft, a camshaft bearing cap, and 2 rod caps

I am liking how this is coming along tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info