Movie Captain Marvel

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Curious to see how much they nerf Captain Marvels powers for the movie and if the rumors of Adam Warlock being used to bring back the “dead” Avengers will be true (most likely just rumor, Warlock never had much of a fan base). Then again Captain Marvel has the ability to wield infinity stones and wouldn’t need Warlock, probably be one of those “look what I can do” moments at the end of the film.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Curious to see how much they nerf Captain Marvels powers for the movie and if the rumors of Adam Warlock being used to bring back the “dead” Avengers will be true (most likely just rumor, Warlock never had much of a fan base). Then again Captain Marvel has the ability to wield infinity stones and wouldn’t need Warlock, probably be one of those “look what I can do” moments at the end of the film.

:werd: I liked Adam Warlock in the comics. But i can totally see them not doing anything (or maybe a smidge) with him later on.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So I keep reading about Brie Larson is getting this movie a bunch of SJW publicity. Like wanting the number of white males on the marketing tour limited and then there are people attacking Youtubers that say Larson isnt built to be a super hero. Which is why Marvel is looking for a body double for some of the Capt Marvel scenes in End Game.

This movie is important to the MCU for the story, but time will tell if I actually see it. I think Id rather see the OG Captain Marvel (Shazam) before this one TBH.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I read that too. That IMO is stupid. Black Panther was also trashed cause ERMAGERD RACIIIIST!!!

I understand that Im also kinda doing the same thing by saying I am not as hype as I was even 3 weeks ago because of things Im reading, but Im also not going to waste my time and go to RT to trash it.

Ill trash it here with you guys. :rofl:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Reviews are starting to hit...this could actually be the first "meh" marvel movie...at least by review standards. Sounds like it takes no risks and is just kind of ok (its fresh on RT but if you actually glance through reviews posted...I dont agree it reflects 85%).

Ive already read the after credits spoiler if anyone wants me to post it.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews are starting to hit...this could actually be the first "meh" marvel movie...at least by review standards. Sounds like it takes no risks and is just kind of ok (its fresh on RT but if you actually glance through reviews posted...I dont agree it reflects 85%).

Ive already read the after credits spoiler if anyone wants me to post it.

First "meh"? Um. Thor: The Dark World? Iron Man 3?

Also, don't post spoilers. I'm gunna go see it this weekend.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
IMG_3251.jpg

The first paragraph is about what I’m expecting....

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
If Wonder Woman had the same 'backlash' from men, I could see this argument holding some weight.

Are there a bunch of interviews or something she did that put off men where she came off as feminist? I know there was one where men were complaining she didn't smile enough in the trailer. And then she uses that as a jumping platform to men are sexist pigs. Maybe one person on the internet said that she didn't smile enough and then she stereotyped all men into that?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info