Been given an ultimatum. Braaap or blower - not both.

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
So yeah I have been leaning both between the car hobby and now the braaap hobby. My kids are going full steam into braaap (dirtbikes), and I want to get back into them too. But I also want to seriously start modding the mustang.

I almost bought a hellcat today. Had the numbers done, and the loan approved. But I backed out. I think I want to really get into braaap for real. Not just talk about getting a bike, but do it. I have shopped around and watched about every youtube review of all the current 250f and 450f MX bikes. And I have a winner. But should I??

Keep in mind Im 37, and the sole money provider for my family. Many have said that you dont have to go full force, and can dabble in it. But I know I will end up racing and pushing myself. I dont want to get hurt. But I dont want to let that fear stop me from getting involved.

What should I do? Say fuck it and have fun. Or get the blower and watch the kids from the side line?? Either way I will be regretting not getting the opposite, but the wife has spoken. We are not going to spend anything on the car if I get a bike. The bike will be as much as a complete blower kit. Plus we will be doing a hitch and getting a trailer for her exploder.

So what are the opinions? Yeah probably alot safer if I dont ride/race, but I should be able to keep myself in check to just have fun and not kill myself. Not sure what to do. Braaap sure is fun though.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fuck her in the ass and do both!

Watch kids from the side, get the blower.

lefty

Reaction score
fuck that, your kids are only young once. If they like to ride get the bike and try not to do anything dumb on it. Regretting not spending the time with the kids will be a lot worse than regretting not making a fast car faster

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Go play in the dirt and be careful!

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
How long have you had this Mustang?
Since the end of may. Its a record. 4400 miles so far. I DD it every day and LOVE the shit out of it believe it or not. Car has all the toys in it. Keeps my ass dry and cool all the way back and forth to work.

The rub is I never "play" with it. Never took it to the track, or to a car show. Dont feel the need to take it out by myself at night and rip around like I used to. Its basically an awesome daily. It needs attention, but Im ok with leaving it stock and keeping it good.

LoveSpank

JTICE
Reaction score
Braaap!!!! All day. You can get a sweet new toy and bond with the kids seems like a no brainer to me

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Get a new wife. I doubt you can't afford both with all that money you've made on car trade ins. Why does she decide what you're allowed to do for fun/as a hobby?

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
Get a new wife. I doubt you can't afford both with all that money you've made on car trade ins. Why does she decide what you're allowed to do for fun/as a hobby?
Because son, when two people love eachother and make a life together, they are partners and make life decisions together.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Get a used bike and a blower, I have a bike for my kids and my wife now have less than 1k in both, I'm probably going to get an older 450 for 2k ish

RedBeard

Formerly ScreamingMach46
Reaction score
Don't boost the mustang (modding never ends and leads to headaches), don't buy a bike (risk of injury when you're sole provider is too high) and set that money aside to take you're kids on a bunch of vacations when they're a bit older.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh sweet. Another 'look at me' thread

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Because son, when two people love eachother and make a life together, they are partners and make life decisions together.
Bullshit - you are the sole financial provider. She financially has your balls in her hand. Divorce = you are screwed and you know it.

Tool around with the bike and throw a couple bolt ons on the mustang. Power adder or cracking open the motor can wait for another time.

GIMPY

Reaction score
So yeah I have been leaning both between the car hobby and now the braaap hobby. My kids are going full steam into braaap (dirtbikes), and I want to get back into them too. But I also want to seriously start modding the mustang.

I almost bought a hellcat today. Had the numbers done, and the loan approved. But I backed out. I think I want to really get into braaap for real. Not just talk about getting a bike, but do it. I have shopped around and watched about every youtube review of all the current 250f and 450f MX bikes. And I have a winner. But should I??

Keep in mind Im 37, and the sole money provider for my family. Many have said that you dont have to go full force, and can dabble in it. But I know I will end up racing and pushing myself. I dont want to get hurt. But I dont want to let that fear stop me from getting involved.

What should I do? Say fuck it and have fun. Or get the blower and watch the kids from the side line?? Either way I will be regretting not getting the opposite, but the wife has spoken. We are not going to spend anything on the car if I get a bike. The bike will be as much as a complete blower kit. Plus we will be doing a hitch and getting a trailer for her exploder.

So what are the opinions? Yeah probably alot safer if I dont ride/race, but I should be able to keep myself in check to just have fun and not kill myself. Not sure what to do. Braaap sure is fun though.
I raced for 15yrs of my life and rode dirtbikes and BMX since I was 4... stick with the cars best decision I ever made. after 6 surgeries and over a dozen broken bones over all those years of racing I had enough. my body is torn up from it. I'm 30 and ill need a knee replacement within the next 5yrs. ive lost 60% of the movement in my left ankle.. thats only a few of the major problems I have from racing... I also had a few friends pass away from freak accidents at the track.. trust me I still throw a leg over a bike when I visit my best friend in cali and ride the Beaumont hills but ill never race again.. i cant afford to be hurt..

but in ur case with having kids that enjoy to ride i would get a bike just to ride with them...

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
With your car cycling, I'd skip the blower. Plus it isn't just the blower, you never know what kind of expenses will come from having it. I'd just do a CAI and a tune.

PANDA

Reaction score
The BRAAAP will cost way more in the long run. My dads friend got his kids into snowmobiling at a very young age. Then ended up racing snowx up until they were 15. He spend a ungodly amount of money and he didn't have anytime to snowmobile or enjoy his own hobby's because of it.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fuckit. I say stay off two wheels. Maybe buy a quad or SxS. You're the only one making money and if you get hurt then you're all fucked.

PANDA

Reaction score
You can get hurt on anything that braaaps.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Could get hurt in a hellcat also :iorun:

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
I would go C7Z, then Hellcat, then dirt bike. Once you realize you should still be in the C7Z, go back and buy another C7Z.

mustang has way overextended its stay.

PANDA

Reaction score
Did you get your first check after income tax hike? Shit I wouldn't be buying anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom