Been given an ultimatum. Braaap or blower - not both.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Since the end of may. Its a record. 4400 miles so far. I DD it every day and LOVE the shit out of it believe it or not. Car has all the toys in it. Keeps my ass dry and cool all the way back and forth to work.

The rub is I never "play" with it. Never took it to the track, or to a car show. Dont feel the need to take it out by myself at night and rip around like I used to. Its basically an awesome daily. It needs attention, but Im ok with leaving it stock and keeping it good.

This isn't the advice you're looking for but I'm going to give it anyhow. I'm not trying to troll you either.

Stop it. I don't know what you're chasing but no matter what you buy, what you want is always around the corner and it's costing you money. And you're not convincing anyone here that it's not. I've got a spoiler from you: you'll never be happy. You'll never be satisfied. You think you will once you get the next best thing but you won't. Your problem isn't that you don't have the car you enjoy; it's that you never seem to enjoy the car you have.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
This isn't the advice you're looking for but I'm going to give it anyhow. I'm not trying to troll you either.

Stop it. I don't know what you're chasing but no matter what you buy, what you want is always around the corner and it's costing you money. And you're not convincing anyone here that it's not. I've got a spoiler from you: you'll never be happy. You'll never be satisfied. You think you will once you get the next best thing but you won't. Your problem isn't that you don't have the car you enjoy; it's that you never seem to enjoy the car you have.

Thanks Mike. There is no question I want the next best thing. I'm trying to love what I have. And I do love this mustang. I went without for so long driving a minivan, that I think Im rubber banding back. But it has evened out now. The braaap thing is something my kids are getting into and I will be part of as well. Just not sure how deep I want to get. As for the mustang, I have talked myself into keeping it and just modding instead of looking for that perfect car that doesnt exist.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Do it. Because I'll tell you what... I'm driving my dream car right now and I still car shop. And I have to tell myself to cut that shit out. I'm confident that if there was an Aventador in my driveway I'd be shopping for a 458 a week later. So I speak as someone that suffers from the same illness.

Also, I agree with doing the stuff you can do with the kids. I've learned to enjoy Minecraft so much just because it's what my 5 year old loves to do. So we go into survival mode and we slaughter zombies and creepers like a couple of fucking bosses. :rofl:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
It makes no sense to supercharge the car, it has a warranty and it'll be gone inside of 18 months anyways. On top of that the blower will only hurt the resale value.

If I had kids that wanted to ride dirtbikes i'd buy one in a heartbeat. Just buy one used and shop around for a good deal so that when you change your mind and/or crash and decide to sell, you don't lose too much.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Keep in mind Im 37, and the sole money provider for my family. Many have said that you dont have to go full force, and can dabble in it. But I know I will end up racing and pushing myself. I dont want to get hurt. But I dont want to let that fear stop me from getting involved.

I'm in a VERY similar position; currently the sole provider, but I have a child on the way and want to continue to enjoy my hobbies and look forward to seeing what my child will become interested in.

I however have the OPPOSITE problem; [MENTION=4700]Miss Esa[/MENTION] eggs me on DAILY to buy a Supercharger for the Mustang, but its not the responsible thing to do right now financially.

I love my Mustang, and drive it every chance I get, but do find myself on 2 wheels (my little 125cc Scooter) just as frequently as the Mustang so I totally get 'the itch' for power sports and bikes.

As some others have mentioned; maybe find a compromise where you get a used bike to minimize the investment, and maybe find something else fun to buy for the Mustang. Do you have a set of Bigs/Littles (Slicks or DR)? I've seen that you can pull CRAZY times at the track even without FI just on a good tire and tune.

The other reason why I keep refraining from buying a blower for the mustang (outside of trying to be responsible) is that it can snowball into other things.... Suddenly you need a stronger drive shaft, stickier tires, a new clutch, etc, etc, etc...

Miss Esa

Just 3 raccoons in a trench coat.
Feb 4, 2012
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Theresa
Dirt bike racing has always been the most memorable part of growing up for me. My dad bought me my first bike at 10 and my brothers were 5 and it was the greatest thing ever. Once my brothers and I were comfortable on bikes he went ahead and bought himself and my mom bikes, and it was probably the best family bonding we had. You can always watch your kids from the sidelines, but it is nowhere near the same as riding with them.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Dirt bike racing has always been the most memorable part of growing up for me. My dad bought me my first bike at 10 and my brothers were 5 and it was the greatest thing ever. Once my brothers and I were comfortable on bikes he went ahead and bought himself and my mom bikes, and it was probably the best family bonding we had. You can always watch your kids from the sidelines, but it is nowhere near the same as riding with them.

Countless good stories as well :s00ls:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
My body wouldn't let me do this anymore. I love BRAAAP but I can't jump a bike around a track.... I'd kill myself and my back would say NO real quick. You're not getting any younger. Go easy on your body, spend it wisely. You only get one.

Having said all that, I'm not sure I'd do either. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info