Are you a Miami Heat/Lebron James fan? Step inside!

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I'll give people Barkley, but no go on Kemp being the "best" in anything IMO.....

Kemp wasn't even the best player on his team, I'd take Gary Payton over him in a heartbeat...

Barkley's Highlights:

Kemp's Highlights:

Payton's Highlights:

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Why mark ? U guys are just mad the bulls got there ass kicked again in the payoffs by the Heat

Honestly, they did much better than I expected. The 4-1 record is not an accurate depiction of how that series went. Setting Rose aside, they had several other key players miss several games, and STILL managed to win one IN Miami, and barely lost a hard fought game 3 & 5. One or two of those might possibly have been a win if it wasn't for them racking all those STUPID technicals for not being able to keep their cool, and/or if they could have made their damn free-throws down the stretch. All in all, I was impressed overall.

He also would have been cooler if he hadn't dedicated a 2 hour national special to what "team" he was going to "pick" to play out his career and try and win a championship.

That was the biggest joke in sports in the past 5 years. The fact that people cared that much, or the media hyped it up is just as bad but ESPN needs those ratings.

Actually, the media was just as much to blame for creating the concept in the first place, not just hyping it up. It's not like LeBron came up with the idea to make it a huge 1 hr prime-time extravaganza. I'm sure he would have been fine with a simple statement, or press conference, but several media members and ESPN, all of whom stood to make some serious coin from the idea, wanted to make a big production out of it. I'm not excuse LeBron what so ever for going along with it by any means, but it wasn't his idea to turn it into what it became.

The Decision About LeBron's Decision Was An Orgy Of Self-Interest, With Jim Gray On Top

I'd take Kobe over LBJ in this discussion.....

As far as overall skill sets, creativity/athleticism in getting a shot off, killer instinct (James is finally just now STARTING to show signs of this), and basketball IQ, I agree. My only gripe with Kobe is that his whole career has revolved around mimicking Jordan (from his moves, right down to his mannerisms, which is kinda' pathetic), and too much of that mimicking revolves around the one-on-one/take a game over situation. I thought MJ could ball hog at times. Kobe took it to a whole other level. I remember seeing comparisons on # of team possessions to # of shot attempts, and other similar stats on both of them, and Kobe made MJ look like the ultimate team player. :rofl:

LeBron is a beast, there's no question about that. Anyone who utters phrases like "he sucks", or "he's a fraud", etc. obviously doesn't know a whole lot about basketball, or is letting their hatred for things he's done cloud their judgement/be very biased against him. I absolutely HATE LeBron's "decision", both in what that decision was, AND how he announced it. In my book, his accomplishments will always be tainted by the fact that he had to give up on his team and join forces with a champion/fellow contender for best player of this era in order to win rings. I also can't stand his flopping BS that has completely ruined this league, though he is far from the inventor of that. However, that does not mean I'm going to strip him of his due credit as an individual talent. Despite his size, he's pretty quick, very athletic, excellent passer and knows how to run the floor/make the right decision on each play. My faults with him are his shying away from big moments/when the game is on the line. He's come out of that shell a bit as of last year's playoffs/finals, and this season, but he's still no where near MJ or Kobe caliber in the killer instinct and pressure moments to me. That, and the aforementioned tainted accomplishments are the only reason I'd give Kobe the very slight edge in best player of the post-Jordan era.

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
It's not only an embarrassment to himself; but it's an embarrassment to basketball that he does that. He's supposed to be the best player in the game right now, yet he has to resort to acting like he got hit to draw a foul. I hope the Spurs win the series because he does not deserve another ring acting like that.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Lebron isnā€™t the best in the NBA and isnā€™t even in the Top 10 greatest of the last 25 years. LBJā€™s performance in the last 3 games is proof of that. Legends dominate in the regular season and playoffs. I have yet to see that out of Lebron James

Last year he did. I thought he had it figured out. Guess not. Fluke season with a 1 year peak.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info