Are you a Miami Heat/Lebron James fan? Step inside!

lol, if we're taking this loss this hard, just imagine how the Spurs are taking it. That game 6 is going to haunt them for the rest of their lives.

They just looked tanked the whole game. I mean right from tip off, their play making wasn't very decisive, their shot selections were baffling, I don't know how many times I saw a weak attempt at a pick where Tim would step over like he's going to set the pick, and then roll or move away before his teammate actually could use it, etc. Just really weird stuff. And all the analysts are saying Manu had a good game. The fuck are you talking about?? I know he shot 50%, but there's more to a good game than just shooting percentage. He had 4 turnovers to his 5 assists (no steals or blocks), 3 of which I believe came with less than 4 minutes to go in the game. Don't know why he was handling the ball towards the end, especially that horrid last play.

Parker shot an entire 3 of 12 (25%), and just looked slow and tired the whole night. He wasn't really blowing past anyone on his drives or fast break runouts. He had Bosch faked out of his shoes on that drive to the right and pull back for the jumper, but he took so long to gather himself for that shot that Bosch recovered and blocked him. That's when I knew they were in trouble. Still curious to hear if Pop will reveal the reasoning as to why he took Parker out at the end.

I feel really bad for Duncan. Missing an easy shot to tie the game at the end, and then missing the follow up tip-in right after....that's going to eat at him a long time. And he knows this might have been his last shot at a title. Probably why he looked suicidal at the press conference. :eek3:

Forget the part about being cleared by doctors to play. How about the fact that everyone who saw him in action was saying he was tearing shit up at practice? You can dominate practice, but you're not "mentally ready" to play an actual game? When do you think that that "mentally ready" moment is going to magically come to you? It doesn't. Anyone who's had a sports injury on any level knows that no matter how much time passes, those first few minutes, or plays, or maybe even full game your first time back is going to be scary to you until that moment where you instinctually do something, and only afterwards realize "oh....hey....look at that! Think I'm OK now!" It's not going to come from practice, or sitting around waiting for it. Practice isn't the same as the pushing, shoving and hitting that's going to go on from your opponents in a real game, so I don't see how or why he thinks that's getting him closer to being ready. BTW, he now has the longest ACL recovery time in modern sports history.

As for the better team winning the Finals......I very, very seldom agree with Skip Bayless on anything, but I think he was accurate in saying this was more the Spurs giving away the series than it was the Heat outplaying them. There is NO excuse for what happened at the end of game 6, especially for a team of well seasoned veterans known for their poise and confidence. Then the end of game 7 was also poorly executed. Of course, the Heat did what they were supposed to do and went for the kill/took advantage and never gave up, but that doesn't necessarily make them the better team. Neither of the last 2 victories was exactly convincing for them. Look at what it took for them to win. If the Spurs had grabbed just ONE....ONE rebound out of the last 6 or so at the end of game 6, OR if Ray Allen hadn't hit that crazy step back 3 pointer, the series would have been over. And despite Parker not doing jack and the Spurs in general not hitting their shots in game 7, all while Wade and LeBron had sensational games (props to them on stepping up when it counted) WITH Miller having another huge critical game for the Heat, the Spurs were still in that game right down to the wire. It took nothing working for San An while the 2 Heat superstars dominated with help from their bench all just to squeak out a victory. Not exactly convincing proof that the Heat are the better team.

As far as scripting...I don't know. Nothing is out of the realm of possibilities, but if you've played basketball before, you know it would be pretty difficult to make all the moving parts work to your script, AND have a shot go down when it's supposed to while doing it. It's possible, but pretty unlikely/difficult to pull off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info