Votes: 37 71.2%

• Total voters

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I guess I'm brand loyal to Ford, but I'm open to other brands and will probably look at other brands when it's time for a new daily driver in a year or two.

I've had 7 cars. 6 of the 7 have been Fords, and one was a Chrysler. I bought the Chrysler when I was working for Fiat though, so maybe there was some brand loyalty there too ?

Reactions: blue-sun

taws697

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 11, 2015
West Chicago, IL
Real Name
Wes
Oh yea and Yamaha sport quads
giphy.gif

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I wouldn't consider myself brand loyal as much as it is that I've been around gm stuff most of my life and I know how to fix it if somethin breaks.

as for stuff that isn't cars then definitely tho, from a tire guys perspective you have to be loyal to what you sell for the incentives that come with it, in that aspect I've been a hard-core toyo guy since long before it ever did me any good to be.

But like Pepsi? Or Milwaukee tools since those are the batteries I have? Or Mobil oil since I've used it since I was a kid? Then hell yes I'll stick with that. But it's all mostly repetition of finding somethin I like and goin with it and its my normal. Doesn't mean anything else isn't as good or even better it's just what I know I like

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Yes mostly but really just certain brands I stay away from.

I’ll always love trash gm vehicles but I’ve owned other brands and love me some Japanese imports.

If we’re talking about other aspects of life besides cars, not really. It’s more I stay away from certain brands vs only use/buy certain ones.

Reactions: sktchy

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Not really brand loyal, although I do love my Mopars and GM's. Pretty much have owned everything except German stuff and Fords.
Only Ford I'd ever even consider would be a Raptor, hate all the other Ford stuff. Now before your Ford guys jump on me, I dont have to like them, in fact I can hate the fuck out of them, but doesnt meant I dont respect a lot of them. Some guys on here have some very nice Mustangs and I'm really digging Eagle Eagle build.

Reactions: sktchy

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
lets see, my history has been

GM
Chrysler
Subaru
GM
Ford
BMW

So I would probably give that a no. Honesty what Im more interested in over brands is powertrain. Going thru that history again I've had n/a V8 rwd, n/a v6 fwd, F4 turbo awd, n/a V8 rwd, I4 turbo fwd, and I6 turbo rwd. I haven't even dabbled in anything mid engine yet, or even anything supercharged. And that makes me sad. There are so many combinations out there. I want to try them all.

I tried to love the Focus ST, I test drove 2-3 of them over the years and I just hated how the shifter felt. I have friends who have/had one and loved them. I never drove a Focus RS, but on paper it sounds like a perfect car for me!

The shift feel on the focus isn't bad, but it definitely needed some improvement. A short shift arm and solid shifter bushings for the bracket made a WORLD of difference in the shift feel. I didn't even need to touch the bushings on the shifter itself after that.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I've enjoyed trying different stuff and having different options.
1995 Buick LeSabre
1983 Dodge Shelby Charger
1986 Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
1989 Volvo 245 DL
2010 Volvo C30 T5
2000 Chevy C1500
1985 Chevy El Camino
1986 Buick Regal Grand National
2002 Chevy Camaro (base)
1988 Chevy C1500 Silverado
1989 Volvo 245 DL (another one)
2021 Toyota Rav4 XLE Hybrid

Not a single one of these cars deserve to be completely shit on or worshiped. They all ruled and sucked at something at some point. lol

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I love all brands never had a major issue from what I have owned in a short period of time. I buy what is the best bang for my buck and I usually compare Msrp for what gives me the best payment. If I buy used I want to make sure if I get bored I can get out of it and not lose money. If it’s my daily I try and not dump a bunch of aftermarket cause u won’t get that money back.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
So, quick update on my in-laws, sponsored by Ford.

my brother in law, who sold his Mustang after putting a bunch of $ and mods(supercharger)about a year and a half ago, and bought another F150 (his previous daily F150 was a lease IIRC) has ordered a new truck. Any guesses?

that’s right, a Ford F-150. He ordered a Super Duty and it should be delivered this week (he’s asked me to ceramic coat it, which weather pending I’ll do next weekend). Note: SIL and husband have had a F150 Super Duty for a few years now, though for daily drivers they are a Toyota only family. She’s had 3 or 4 different 4Runners, he drives old Camrys. Niece had a shitty old Camry and got a newer but still old RAV4.

oh and his current F150? What’s he doing with that? Glad you asked.

my father in law (his father) had an F150 (shocking) that was a year or 2 older that BIL’s, same color (both grey, one was a flat grey and one had pearls), both had raptor grills and both had the same exact wheels (FIL went out and bought the same ones BIL got after BIL got his) Well he sold his F150 a few weeks ago and bought his sons F150.

so not only did FIL have to make his old F150 look just like BIL’s, now it is his. Not only are my in laws brand loyalist to the fault, but they are borderline “keeping up with the Jones’s” but it’s an “incest” version of that, keeping up with each other. I just don’t get it.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Not really brand loyal. There are certain brands that I will avoid, due to known repair costs, but its not anything against the brand.

If I didn't want a performance type daily driver, I probably would be a lot more open to different brands. Aka, if all I wanted was a daily driver appliance.

The Focus ST, and RS appealed to me because they are Fun cars to drive. The ST was had amazing handling and braking, and it could swing its tail out on command, or dog leg it around corners. It was generally fun to drive. The RS is significantly more capable and planted, but still tail happy. Its basically the ST but 'more'.

With the addition of the Twinster system to the new Golf R it would be in the running for a contender if I wanted to replace the RS. But I'm honestly more drawn to a used Porsche Panamera Turbo, even though it definitely makes less financial sense. A Tesla Model Y would be in the cards had I a Garage at home to charge it.

But the more longer term I look at a car, the more years out of warranty I expect to own it, the more I tend to focus on Ford/GM products. GM cars have always been cheap to maintain, easy to source parts for both new and junkyard. Easier to get repair/diagnostic tools for too.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Thread Info