• No

Votes: 37 71.2%

• Total voters

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I clearly have a preference towards VWs for the wife and I over the past dozen years, but overall a pretty diverse mix. Nothing Italian yet, though...

1 Acura: Integra
2 Ford: Probe GT, Focus ST
1 Honda: del Sol Si
1 Isuzu: Amigo
2 Kia: Sportage, Stinger
1 Mini: Cooper S
1 Toyota: MR2
4 Pontiac: Firebird Formula, TransAm Firehawk, GTO, G6
2 Subaru: WRX, Legacy GT Wagon
1 Suzuki: Swift GT
8 VW: Jetta, Sportwagen, GTI (2), ID.4, Beetle (3)
1 Husqvarna: Svartpilen

Reactions: blue-sun

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Partially. I'm not opposed to other brands, just always been drawn to Fords. Also, a close family friend owned a Ford dealership up until recently (he sold and retired) so I always ended up with a good deal.

Cars I've owned in my life in order:
1990 Lincoln Town Car
1996 Ford Explorer
2002 Ford Mustang
2003 Mercury Mountaineer
2006 Ford Mustang
1996 Chevy Blazer
2012 Lincoln MKS
2018 Ford F150

Wife's cars since we've been together in order:
2008 Ford Escape
2009 Ford Edge
2015 Ford Explorer
2021 Ford Expedition

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Today's GM line up sucks outside of the Vette and Tahoe/Suburban/Rado.

I agree. I really dont like their SUVs and cars recently. Ill take a truck or Vette, or Camaro any day though.

Imagine being a Toyota family :mamoru:

What if they were Land Cruisers, MR2s. and Supras? Would be a cool driveway.

My brand loyalty goes in spurts. First 4 out of 5 cars were GM. Throw in a couple Camrys in between, then the next 6, holy shit I was shocked after I counted it out, cars were Hyundai. I dont see me buying anymore Hyundais unless my wife wants a newer ugly Santa Fe, or I get a Veloster N or Santa Cruz.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I agree. I really dont like their SUVs and cars recently. Ill take a truck or Vette, or Camaro any day though.

What if they were Land Cruisers, MR2s. and Supras? Would be a cool driveway.

My brand loyalty goes in spurts. First 4 out of 5 cars were GM. Throw in a couple Camrys in between, then the next 6, holy shit I was shocked after I counted it out, cars were Hyundai. I dont see me buying anymore Hyundais unless my wife wants a newer ugly Santa Fe, or I get a Veloster N or Santa Cruz.
Buying a new Hyundai sure made me look at getting one too. Blows everything else in its segment we looked at out of the water.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Buying a new Hyundai sure made me look at getting one too. Blows everything else in its segment we looked at out of the water.
Dont get me wrong. I love the functionality of them for sure. I just think their styling is going in a direction that I am not fond of at this time. Especially the Sonata and Elantra. The Elantra is basically a Sonata that has an overbearing aunt squeezing its cheeks together IMO.

Also wont get one without a turbo now, unless its the Palasade.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Dont get me wrong. I love the functionality of them for sure. I just think their styling is going in a direction that I am not fond of at this time. Especially the Sonata and Elantra. The Elantra is basically a Sonata that has an overbearing aunt squeezing its cheeks together IMO.

Also wont get one without a turbo now, unless its the Palasade.
We got a 22 Tucson hybrid limited. Rocket ship (for what it is) and all the features it has.

Reactions: Fish

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ohh damn. I havent really kept up with thats going on inside the Tucson with the update, but wow. They took a lot of the new Sonata it looks like, and I havent had an option over SEL in anything except my Veloster, which in itself isnt even an Ultimate. :rofl:

Looks like its the same 1.6 turbos they used in previous Tucson Sports before 2019 so that helps. Plus the hybrid motor. I can see why you say rocket ship for what it is. When you modding it? :rofl:

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Ohh damn. I havent really kept up with thats going on inside the Tucson with the update, but wow. They took a lot of the new Sonata it looks like, and I havent had an option over SEL in anything except my Veloster, which in itself isnt even an Ultimate. :rofl:

Looks like its the same 1.6 turbos they used in previous Tucson Sports before 2019 so that helps. Plus the hybrid motor. I can see why you say rocket ship for what it is. When you modding it? :rofl:
Rofl I tried to suggest lowering and wheels or wheels with knobs but she said leave it the fuck alone.

1.6 turbo with electric motor plus actual gears in the trans was a win. It’s faster than my Tahoe and accelerates decent from a stop. Overall solid car so far.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
SIGH

So my brother in law, who has only ever driven a Ford since I met him in 2001, got a promotion recently at work and went from basically full remote to full time in the office. His neighbor was selling a couple year old Fusion for cheap, so he bought that to commute to/from work since his only vehicle was a Super Duty, you can see it in the background in this pic here.

His wife, who has had cars other than a Ford (Hyundai/Jeep) since I met her, bought an Escape years ago. She has wanted a larger SUV, because reasons (they have no kids, not having any, they have 2 dog).

She just picked up a Ford Edge this weekend so that BIL can drive the Escape to/from work. I guess they got lowballed on the Fusion, so they are selling it privately. . .to my mother in law.

My other brother in law (and other SIL) have gone through multiple new Toyotas in the last 24 months. She had a couple year old 4 Runner, they traded that in on a 4 Runner Limited that she kept for about a year and recently got a Camry. He had a new Tacoma that he traded in for a newer, same trim and color Tacoma. Niece had a shitbox old Rav4 that someone slid into her a couple weeks ago during that storm we got and totaled it, so she's getting a new Rav4. He only drives Toyota cars/SUV's but also has Ford SuperDutys for towing (they all have campers and haulers, boats and shit)

MIL wants a Beetle, she loves how they look. FIL won't do it, because "VW are junk" despite both my VW's being very reliable. I just can't with this family sometimes.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
SIGH

So my brother in law, who has only ever driven a Ford since I met him in 2001, got a promotion recently at work and went from basically full remote to full time in the office. His neighbor was selling a couple year old Fusion for cheap, so he bought that to commute to/from work since his only vehicle was a Super Duty, you can see it in the background in this pic here.

His wife, who has had cars other than a Ford (Hyundai/Jeep) since I met her, bought an Escape years ago. She has wanted a larger SUV, because reasons (they have no kids, not having any, they have 2 dog).

She just picked up a Ford Edge this weekend so that BIL can drive the Escape to/from work. I guess they got lowballed on the Fusion, so they are selling it privately. . .to my mother in law.

My other brother in law (and other SIL) have gone through multiple new Toyotas in the last 24 months. She had a couple year old 4 Runner, they traded that in on a 4 Runner Limited that she kept for about a year and recently got a Camry. He had a new Tacoma that he traded in for a newer, same trim and color Tacoma. Niece had a shitbox old Rav4 that someone slid into her a couple weeks ago during that storm we got and totaled it, so she's getting a new Rav4. He only drives Toyota cars/SUV's but also has Ford SuperDutys for towing (they all have campers and haulers, boats and shit)

MIL wants a Beetle, she loves how they look. FIL won't do it, because "VW are junk" despite both my VW's being very reliable. I just can't with this family sometimes.
My parents wouldn't let me buy an '80s VW GTI in high-school because they had a 1960s Beetle that was terrible. I bought an Integra instead which was fine. But I've now owned 8 solid VWs. Possibly out of subconscious spite...?

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
My parents wouldn't let me buy an '80s VW GTI in high-school because they had a 1960s Beetle that was terrible. I bought an Integra instead which was fine. But I've now owned 8 solid VWs. Possibly out of subconscious spite...?
he 100% is not letting her get one out of spite for me. We're not fans of each other. I used to be able to tolerate him more before he retired. Now, he sits on his chromebook on gun forums and facebook in a redneck echo chamber.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
Would have called you crazy if you told me 10 years ago I'd own 2 hyundais.
Screenshot_20230314_180843.jpg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I must have missed this thread a couple years back. I’m not brand loyal to a point where I wouldn’t be open to owning a different brand but I keep coming back to Toyotas for the most part because they just work and for daily drivers are going to be the most reliable. For fun cars I’d consider almost any brand out there. Daily’s though I keep coming back to Toyotas.

Thread Info