Apple iPhone Keynote tomorrow 9/7.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Then don't bother having a big event. Anyone and everyone can predict these changes. Yep a new chip came out, yep a new camera came out, yep you just made headphones a huge pain in the dick.

Don't have a keynote acting like you are giving some great revolutionary product when you are just updated a cpu and camera

Edit: if other phones have it, I would like wireless charging standard, I would like a different looking phone not just a color change and some slight curve changes without a phone jack. I want something different. Be creative.

They are on straight cruise control and it's annoying

It's called good marketing... It makes money... Which is what they need to do... uhhhh, what else do you need to know?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
It's called good marketing... It makes money... Which is what they need to do... uhhhh, what else do you need to know?

It seems it's running out though. The game is getting old. I mean I was watching 2 live blogs during the event. Collaboratively it seemed the media bloggers were really annoyed during the broadcast. They were making sarcastic comments, making fun of some things etc. this has not happened in the past. I think they are starting to see through this crap

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
It seems it's running out though. The game is getting old. I mean I was watching 2 live blogs during the event. Collaboratively it seemed the media bloggers were really annoyed during the broadcast. They were making sarcastic comments, making fun of some things etc. this has not happened in the past. I think they are starting to see through this crap

Oh yes, the Apple hype train is winding down because they can't capture what Steve could do. They need to reinvent and present it their way, not his way...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Then don't bother having a big event. Anyone and everyone can predict these changes. Yep a new chip came out, yep a new camera came out, yep you just made headphones a huge pain in the dick.

Don't have a keynote acting like you are giving some great revolutionary product when you are just updated a cpu and camera

They have keynotes because people attend them in droves. If Samsung could pull that many people to a keynote you bet your ass they'd have one too. Likewise, Apple is on a yearly product cycle whereas most other companies are just churning out phone after phone.

Edit: if other phones have it, I would like wireless charging standard, I would like a different looking phone not just a color change and some slight curve changes without a phone jack. I want something different. Be creative.

They are on straight cruise control and it's annoying

So what I take from this is that you think the upgrade is mediocre, you wanted more substantial improvements but you don't know what those improvements would be. You want a different looking phone but you're not sure how you want it to look. But fuck Apple for not building this imaginary product. :rofl:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Also, guys this isn't a Steve Jobs vs. Tim Cook thing. This is an industry thing. We were going to reach critical mass on cell phones regardless of whether or not Steve Jobs was here and by and large I think most people think Tim Cook has done a spectacular job of moving the company and we're going on year 5 of his tenor.

Job's death was timed perfectly for peak technological advances. At the time of his death I believe they had just released the 4S which brought pretty much every requested feature but LTE. The sheer timing of his death doomed Cook because other than faster this, longer than, brighter this, there were no huge technological leaps to be made.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
They have keynotes because people attend them in droves. If Samsung could pull that many people to a keynote you bet your ass they'd have one too. Likewise, Apple is on a yearly product cycle whereas most other companies are just churning out phone after phone.

So what I take from this is that you think the upgrade is mediocre, you wanted more substantial improvements but you don't know what those improvements would be. You want a different looking phone but you're not sure how you want it to look. But fuck Apple for not building this imaginary product. :rofl:

Well the phones have looked pretty much the same since the 4S came out. Larger screen and curved edges aside it was all very minimal changes.

I already said what improvements I would like. If you are going to charge a premium price, at least compete with the premium phones out there.

To do that you need wireless charging. The ability to unlock the phone with your eyes, possible edge screen to prescreen notifications when on its side (Some android has this idk which one or what it's called), maybe pause videos when you look away (again android does this already)

So there are some things I would like. Match the competition, because your getting whooped right now

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Also, guys this isn't a Steve Jobs vs. Tim Cook thing. This is an industry thing. We were going to reach critical mass on cell phones regardless of whether or not Steve Jobs was here and by and large I think most people think Tim Cook has done a spectacular job of moving the company and we're going on year 5 of his tenor.

Job's death was timed perfectly for peak technological advances. At the time of his death I believe they had just released the 4S which brought pretty much every requested feature but LTE. The sheer timing of his death doomed Cook because other than faster this, longer than, brighter this, there were no huge technological leaps to be made.

My point with Jobs is not to technology... I think the keynote was more a Jobs thing that Cook. I agree Cook has done very well for Apple.

Apple fanboi logic is so hilarious!!

So are Android Fan Boys....

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Well the phones have looked pretty much the same since the 4S came out. Larger screen and curved edges aside it was all very minimal changes.

I already said what improvements I would like. If you are going to charge a premium price, at least compete with the premium phones out there.

To do that you need wireless charging. The ability to unlock the phone with your eyes, possible edge screen to prescreen notifications when on its side (Some android has this idk which one or what it's called), maybe pause videos when you look away (again android does this already)

These are all gimmicks dude. Just like nobody is buying an iPhone for it's haptic touch home button, nobody is buying a Galaxy because it pauses the video when you look away or scans your retina for login. And not only that but you're not comparing it to one phone; you're comparing it to a slew of different Android phones, cherry picking features from each one. How is that even a fair argument? And they're not charging a premium. The cash price is cheaper than a Galaxy S7 and comes with much more memory.

If wireless charging is that big of a deal to you there are plenty of phones that do it. I would argue that almost nobody cares enough that it would sway them one way or another. In fact, i don't even need to make that argument because people vote with their wallets and the iPhone is by far the best selling cell phone. People don't care.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
My point with Jobs is not to technology... I think the keynote was more a Jobs thing that Cook. I agree Cook has done very well for Apple.

Cook does horrible Key Notes. They've become so bloated. I don't need representatives for every game maker up on stage. He's also very stiff up there. He's not a natural presenter like Jobs was.

They need to start compressing these key notes.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Cook does horrible Key Notes. They've become so bloated. I don't need representatives for every game maker up on stage. He's also very stiff up there. He's not a natural presenter like Jobs was.

They need to start compressing these key notes.

Yup, now you and I are on the same page.

+1 for do not care about wireless charging... Literally never once gave a fuck. Wife too.

rz79

TCG Elite Member
Jun 29, 2009

I'll bet part of it is Apple beat them all to the punch and tweeted (for a 1st time according to web) a lot of the bullet points tech bloggers make their killing off of..
So maybe that's part of the sarcasm and annoyed undertone.. Not just the "underwhelming" product.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
These are all gimmicks dude. Just like nobody is buying an iPhone for it's haptic touch home button, nobody is buying a Galaxy because it pauses the video when you look away or scans your retina for login. And not only that but you're not comparing it to one phone; you're comparing it to a slew of different Android phones, cherry picking features from each one. How is that even a fair argument? And they're not charging a premium. The cash price is cheaper than a Galaxy S7 and comes with much more memory.

If wireless charging is that big of a deal to you there are plenty of phones that do it. I would argue that almost nobody cares enough that it would sway them one way or another. In fact, i don't even need to make that argument because people vote with their wallets and the iPhone is by far the best selling cell phone. People don't care.
Sounds like a butthurt apple fanboi who is so ingrained with apple that youre forced to buy an inferior outdated overpriced product because that's your only choice.

But just wait! Next year it'll be revolutionary with wireless charging and a curved screen and then all of a sudden they won't be gimmicks because inferiorPhone has them now!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Wireless charging with wireless CarPlay would have been great. Wireless charging is proliferating throughout the auto industry but no automaker has wireless CarPlay hardware yet. Apparently Apple put a stop to it when developers debuted the hardware at CES this year. It's an option in iOS that hasn't been opened up yet by any automakers. I thought wireless charging would have been that next-step.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info