Apple crew

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Why didn't you just get the Verizon iPhone?

If I wanted an iPhone 4, I would have gotten it last year when it came out. Not a couple months before a new one comes out. Im waiting to see what phones come out in the fall.

Yeah even if BB put out a phone with amazing specs any Apple/Android phone will blow it out of the water.

What kind of phone you go with though out of curiosity?

I noticed the other day that Verizon is putting out that Sony phone and couldn't help but think of the thread you made about it.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...etail&selectedPhoneId=5643&deviceCategoryId=1

I am using my fiance's old BB Storm. The thing is a piece of donkey shit. Id rather have my old old Sony Ericson. However, I didnt have to sign a contract so whenever I get a new phone, Ill get discounted price since I can sign a contract with it.

Ive been keeping up on the Play before it even came out. I was pumped about it, but the final stats and reviews were very blah. The PS app is still developing and the internals are behind. So I decided to pass it up.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
There are multiple places to get the iOS 5 beta. :dunno:

:werd:

It's been out for a while (to obtain the beta), and also it being jailbreakable as well. But if you don't know to much of what you're doing, you can mess up your phone. But it's pretty straight forward as long as you read word for word on the directions.

I'll wait for the official release.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I thought about getting iOS 5 beta and checking it out since my 3GS is just an ipod touch now.

As long as it turns on, and works, you can trade it in at Target for store credit. My girlfriend traded her 3g in (scratched up to hell), and bought the 32gb i4 for the same price as the 16gb. Not to bad for something in "fair" condition.

Something to consider when you want the i5. (not sure if Target will sell the Verizon version, although I don't see why not).

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Thats not bad at all. Verizon has a trade up program too. They even take ATT iPhones in as trades. My 3GS warrants $100 from Verizon. My original iPhone was worth $20. The BB Storm is $8. Yes, $8. :rofl:

This thing is going to meet some 9MM FMJ once I upgrade. Thats worth more to me then $8. I might even shoot the video on my new phone. :bowrofl:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Thats not bad at all. Verizon has a trade up program too. They even take ATT iPhones in as trades. My 3GS warrants $100 from Verizon. My original iPhone was worth $20. The BB Storm is $8. Yes, $8. :rofl:

This thing is going to meet some 9MM FMJ once I upgrade. Thats worth more to me then $8. I might even shoot the video on my new phone. :bowrofl:

:lol: I have a few electronics that are awaiting their demise. Lol.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Trading my 3GS in would be interesting, but I am on the fence about keeping it. Dunno why. Its always nice having things around like that. Even thought about giving it to my daughter as an ipod and have a bunch of kid games on it just to get her used to electronics. I dunno.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Trading my 3GS in would be interesting, but I am on the fence about keeping it. Dunno why. Its always nice having things around like that. Even thought about giving it to my daughter as an ipod and have a bunch of kid games on it just to get her used to electronics. I dunno.

I still have my 3gs actually. Maybe when it comes time to upgrade, I'll think about trading it in. Just not sure yet.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/21/report-apple-to-hold-media-event-on-october-4th-tim-cook-to-un/

We have yet to receive official word on this, but All Things Digital is reporting today that Apple's next big media event will be held on October 4th, where freshly minted CEO Tim Cook is expected to unveil the iPhone 5. Sources close to the situation say Cook will be the main presenter at the event, with execs Phil Schiller, Scott Forstall and Eddy Cue playing supporting roles. This would mark the first time that Cook has actually led an Apple event, adding an extra wrinkle of significance to an already highly anticipated occasion. The site's sources went on to say that the next-gen iPhone will be available for purchase "within a few weeks" of the announcement, though All Things Digital acknowledges that the exact date of its unveiling is still subject to change. As always, we'll be sure to keep you posted as soon as we hear more.

Just to steal mooks thundah. Gotta get this thing as big as the android thread. :rofl:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Apple has been good about announcing it, then saying it will come out next week. :rofl:

Aparently the rumors are that the phones have been in production for almost 3 weeks and the company is waiting for iOS5 to go "gold" so it can be uploaded to the hardware. Ill be preordering this bitch on Verizon. THIS BB STORM IS FUCKING KILLING ME!!!!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
http://modmyi.com/content/5334-form...-al-gore-says-iphone-5-coming-next-month.html

Former U.S. Vice President and current Apple board member Al Gore has stated that the new iPhone is coming out next month. We can't be sure at this time, however, if the comment was accidental or intentional as it supposedly came from Gore's speech at the Discovery Invest Leadership Summit in South Africa, according to The Next Web

If you count the number of leaks we've now had regarding the iPhone 5's release next month, the number is now pretty compelling - although Gore may want a recount just to confirm their accuracy.

We’ve been informed by Toby Shapshak, the editor of Stuff Magazine in South Africa that is attending the conference, that his quote was specifically: “Not to mention the new iPhones coming out next month. That was a plug.”
Nonetheless, the man who said he invented the Internet mentioned not one, but two new iPhones next month. He did so, however, indirectly by mentioning "new iPhones" as opposed to a new iPhone. The current rumor mill suggests that Apple will hold a media event on October 4th to finally unveil its next-generation iPhone.

If you're unfamiliar, the former Vice President has been a member of the Apple Board of Directors for more than eight years. Through it all, Gore has seen the launch of the original iPhone that sparked a smartphone revolution that will take another massive step forward in a matter of weeks when the 5th generation iPhone is officially released.

al_gore.jpg

Interesting. That was another rumor as well. A 4S and a 5 iPhone being released at the same time. Who knows.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:bowrofl: if true
TheNextWeb offers some last minute information based on "sources familiar" with the situation.

Sources familiar with Apple’s plans have revealed to us that Apple will indeed debut the new iPhone 4S today, featuring an 8-megapixel camera with “enhanced optics” and “more definitive GPS features” thanks to Apple’s new A5 processor.

Their report mirrors much of what has been expected. Apple will released an iPhone 4S today with an 8-megapixel camera and an A5 processor. The only new information is the claim that the new iPhone will have "more definitive GPS features". The site doesn't clarify what those might be.

They also report that the teardrop "iPhone 5" design that we've seen for months is a prototype iPhone "which won't be available any time soon" and the iPhone 4S will have the same dimensions as the iPhone 4. The focus of the new device will be the Assistant recognizer that we've previously profiled.

Overall, the information is consistent with what we've heard about today's announcements. Apple's event kicks off today at 10 a.m. Pacific / 1 p.m. Eastern

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info