Apple crew

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Apple crew, we might finally catch up to Android mobile devices from 7 years ago! We'll see how the US reacts to the EU decision and see if they'll do the same.

"By the fall of 2024, all new phones, tablets, keyboards, earbuds, cameras, and more devices operating with power delivery up to 100 watts must come equipped with a USB Type-C port. By spring 2026, that mandate will also extend to laptops for any device sold in member countries."
This seems good… until USB-D comes out and they have to pass legislation to make that one standard and so on and so on….

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
USB Type-D Connector Unveiled

USB-D is gonna be LIT. We're going to party like it's 2015 up in this bitch!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
September 2012 they brought out the lightning port, and said it would be good for 10 years. 10 years is here, move on to something relevant. Apple has been dragging their heels for years with the lightning connector phones and accessories. Other companies have far surpassed them in terms of quality and reliability. They offer USB-C / TB3/4 on their tables and computers, so they obviously can do it for the phones. They're just trying to milk the lightning for every last cent. It's really been a disservice to their customers.

Will this prevent them from developing something "better" than the USB-C port? Maybe, but it's kind of on them for not keeping up with others' innovations.

At the least they could have done a full release on USB3.0 speeds for the lightning, which they did on I believe the first gen iPad Pro. 40MBps transfer speeds and low 15w charging has been outdated for years. I'm not sure who at Apple thought that offering ProRes recording with USB2.0 transfer speeds was a good idea. Not everyone wants to copy 30-40GB files across lightning, AirDrop, or even to iCloud and back to local.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info