AFM/DOD Delete | Where to get it and how much?

JerryLSX

Reaction score
I'm really getting tired of the 4cyl drone on my 2012 Caprice. I want to deactivate the AFM/DOD so it won't kick on anymore. I know eventually I'll buy a kit to truly get rid of the whole system but for now I'll just disable it.

Where can I get this done and how much will it run me?

My research tells me it'll be as simple as plugging in a scanner. If possible, would there be a way I can do this?

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
any tuner, or anyone with HPtuners should be able to disable that function.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
HP tuners will disable it. the tuner is (kinda) pricey, but well worth it as you can unlock your car's potential with it.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
I have a dumb question but why disable it? The escalade has this feature and I've never experienced anything negative from it switching on at cruising speed and it usually saves me a fair amount of fuel. I get deleting it all together since the lifters have been prone to failure, but just disabling the function in hpt doesn't remove the mechanical component. I have hpt already and thought about it seeing a great deal of people want it disabled but I can't figure out why.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
well he has an exhaust, so itll produce a drone

JerryLSX

Reaction score
The drone is unbearable at cruising speed and I've been told on the NewCaprice forum the mpg difference is a negligible 1-2 mpg. I want to disable it first before I decide on getting the kit to delete it. Problem is I'm not familiar with HP Tuners or know any tuners. This is the first car where I'm actually modifying it correctly or trying to at least.

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
I didn't experience any gas mileage difference while it was turned off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom