• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

AFM/DOD Delete | Where to get it and how much?

JerryLSX

Regular
Feb 28, 2016
NWI
I'm really getting tired of the 4cyl drone on my 2012 Caprice. I want to deactivate the AFM/DOD so it won't kick on anymore. I know eventually I'll buy a kit to truly get rid of the whole system but for now I'll just disable it.

Where can I get this done and how much will it run me?

My research tells me it'll be as simple as plugging in a scanner. If possible, would there be a way I can do this?

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I have a dumb question but why disable it? The escalade has this feature and I've never experienced anything negative from it switching on at cruising speed and it usually saves me a fair amount of fuel. I get deleting it all together since the lifters have been prone to failure, but just disabling the function in hpt doesn't remove the mechanical component. I have hpt already and thought about it seeing a great deal of people want it disabled but I can't figure out why.

JerryLSX

Regular
Feb 28, 2016
NWI
The drone is unbearable at cruising speed and I've been told on the NewCaprice forum the mpg difference is a negligible 1-2 mpg. I want to disable it first before I decide on getting the kit to delete it. Problem is I'm not familiar with HP Tuners or know any tuners. This is the first car where I'm actually modifying it correctly or trying to at least.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info