97 4dr gtp partzzzz

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
keep in mind that some of these oem cams had issues with the surface hardening treatment that leads to chunking which eats the roller lifter wheel

so this could have been the camshaft's fault...it just got really bad...i found a good used lifter to replace the fucked one....i want kev to have a nice paperweight....or he can give it to his kid to chew on

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
you probably could have but the glitter in the oil makes that not as smart as just tossing in a new motor

and now onto the good stuff

i shimmed a bolt high enough that with the rocker tight the valve is held open just under a 1/4 inch (probably real close to tapping the piston at tdc... but fuckit)
exhaustValveRiggedOpen.jpg

and now the vids of it running

runs quiet with the plug in....smooth as hell...no worse than a 3800 with the balance shaft deleted:jg:

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Bonne is running smoother and better with those coils and the plug wire actually making good contact though. Hopefully will see a couple better mpg on the next tank. I wonder how old the plugs are? I plan on getting some ngks and new wires for it next week. Should I go with a colder TR6 now or wait till we topswap?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
ive got stock L67, l36, l26, rails as well as "hose modified aka temporary) one's for IC setups

you need injectors too or just a pair of l67 rails?

i dont see my scuzzy set but i have two others in pretty nice shape....the zinc dichromate is just starting to oxidize (still shiny gold underneath just not on top lol)
i have a painted set but dave called dibs on those lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info