97 4dr gtp partzzzz

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well even with one cylinder out of the equation its pretty damn peppy now that it has a SC belt....i also unplugged the bbv so its permanently closed with no bypass anymore, seems to idle a bit better.
probably need to clean the maf and throw in one of my ok used upstream O2's, and a fuel filter for good measure.
had to tighten the coilpack zipties a bit more too. i probably could find or buy 6 bolts but i just love the ambiance that the zipties provide....
maybe tomorrow ill get some good pics of the passenger side (not as fugly)
baring any issues look for it at lukes

at least instead of 3 i now have 5 matching polished tq stars
may end up throwing them on the turbo regal to piss off euro

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yes i washed it...then i washed it again (well mostly the motor n radiator) after work when it started to overheat on my way home with the AC on....

the car only has the 2 drivers side windows working :rofl:

drove home rest of way ac off...in a black car, with black interior

though it wasnt as bad once i figured out airflows a bit better with both passenger doors on the first latch (but not fully closed on the second latch)

blower fan has something in it and holy fuck does the thing make noise

drivers hood hinge is rattling loudly (this one sounded like it was in the dashboard :rofl:)

i must say this is one of the better sounding sc 3800's ive ever heard next to d's white car

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well the thing made it nearly 150 miles....probably would have went farther if i had been able to bend the pan back down away from the pickup...

pretty sure thats how it wiped the lifters and cam lobes....

but i did get to drive it and learned a sc'd 5cylinder 3800 is pretty smooth over 1500rpm and still pulls balls hard.
the trans shifts good and adaptives werent outside of the typical range.

sits too fucking low with the eibachs and rides too stiff witht he gr2's

its fuckin hot in there, need to fix both passenger windows or add more freon

oh look 5 of my dozen or so projects in one place!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info