FS: 1997 Grand Prix GTP -few mods

Up for sale is my 1997 GTP 4 door sedan, in Black. Has polished 5 spoke wheels (not torque stars) Car is in Bolingbrook, but I work up in Des plaines, so it can be seen there too.

Car currently has 173,xxx miles on it. Has a rebuilt trans, with about 65K on it now. Car has some mods on it - complete 3 inch exhaust, including DP and high-flow cat, Magnaflow mufflers. 9 inch K&N cone filter. 1.9 intense roller rockers and. LS6 springs (absolutely NO problems with these-) Has DHP PCM, it is a 1.5, but I never had the programmer for it (previous owner had set up the car) has a ported intake manifold on it, but just a stock gen 3 s/c on it currently. has stock 3.8" pulley on it currently, and stock heat range plugs. -Also has an Audiovox APS996a remote start/alarm, with one 2-way LCD and one regular remote.

Battery is a few months old, alternator is about a year. Has a new 180 degree t-stat. Tires have some life left, but will need replacing before spring.

There are only 2 mechanical issues that I am aware of - one side of the rack & pinion has a slight leak, but its just enough to wet the boot and drip every so often, not bad. Second, is that on REALLY hot days (90+) if you sit in bumper to bumper traffic on the expressway with the A/C on, the fans have trouble keeping the car cool enough, but I've never had it overheat. Shutting off the A/C keeps temps in check. Both fans seem to work as they should, so not sure what's up with it. but in moderate temps, it is absolutely fine, not an issue at all.

The paint/body is average condition, for the age and mileage. No major rust, just a few bubles under the fuel door, and a few bubbles on the roof. Previous owner swapped hoods (had a WS6 style hood at one time) and the replacement has a wierd ding or two. Other than that, there might be one other small ding, and a scuff or two . Interior is pretty clean. slight cracking in the leather on driver's seat outer edge, but the passenger and rear seats are in excellent condition- there has pretty much only been 2 times in the last 4 years that I have had the car that there has been a front seat passenger, and no rear seat passengers while I have had the car.

I'm asking $2200 OR BEST OFFER. I need to sell it quick! Would make an EXCELLENT winter car.

You can reach me:

By replying to the thread
Shooting me a PM
Sending an email: toasty @ etrost . net
Cell: 630 853 6895

Like I said at top, Hoping to get some pics up tomorrow. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. Will answer as quickly as I can!

Thanks!!!

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
I have pics, will upload them soon-

While driving home this evening, noticed that it nees front pads/rotors- I don't want to deal with fixing it. I want this car gone by the weekend (Get to pick up my new Camaro this weekend)

sounds wierd to drop the price already, but Let's see if $1500 gets it out of my driveway? OR BEST OFFER- SERIOSLY, MAKE ME AN OFFER

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
GP.JPG

GP%20(1).JPG

GP%20(2).JPG

GP%20(3).JPG

GP%20(4).JPG

GP%20(5).JPG

GP%20(6).JPG

GP%20(7).JPG