93k miles and first claybar: pics

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thanks to ktraver for the excellent writeup that inspired me to break out the materials that I've had sitting around. :bigthumb: The next time I need any more detail stuff I'll be sure to hit up Perfect Auto Finish.

PANDA

Reaction score
So did you claybar/polish/wax?

CamaroSS

Banned
Reaction score
i did the claybar on mine like a year ago, im gonna have to do it again one of these days coming up. it needs it again. looking good though

OP
Bru

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
vipermike2002 said:
So did you claybar/polish/wax?
I had a Mequiar's kit that included a cleaner wax. So I used the claybar and supplied wax.

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Reaction score
that was right by my house.

where you at the Alleluia church? i live in the hood across the street from there.

OP
Bru

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Crawlin2vGT said:
that was right by my house.

where you at the Alleluia church? i live in the hood across the street from there.
I'm pretty sure it was a music academy or something. But yeah, i was in that area on book. There should be some extra tire marks on the streets over there now :bigok:

OP
Bru

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Crawlin2vGT said:
thats the church. i used to go there long time ago...

nice lookin car. never see you around tho...
Thanks. I don't drive out there too often, but it's like 5-8 minutes from my house. I take the train everyday and usually catch a ride or use the Pace bus to the station, so the car just sits during the week, but I'm usually out and about on the weekends.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ive never clay bared a car before. What does it all entail?? I have a 10" buffer that Ive never used as well. Im sure the 10 year old paint on the Regal can use some TLC.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
hit up perfect auto finish in the vendor section. he does a how to for clay barring

OP
Bru

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've never done it before, and it's super easy.

Before the clay bar, however, I gave it a good wash and spent a few hours removing all the tar and junk on the car. And there was a shit ton. I didn't wash the car for two months before this weekend. :nono:

bluzohh6

The system works
Reaction score
Kevin, I would like to buy some products off of you. DO you have anything like minzerna 21?

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Reaction score
I am not too familiar with their products and have not found it through google beside a couple threads on autopia. It is a polish, cleaner, wax, or sealant?

I sell a paint cleaner/polish which does a great job removing light surface contaminants, oxidation, light swirls, etc and brings out a nice deep finish. I follow that with my synthetic paint sealant which really makes the paint pop and gives solid protection for up to 6 months.

bluzohh6

The system works
Reaction score
I need to get rid of swirls, what can I get from you to do this, and have you heard anything about a "porter cable"?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom