$85k budget for a fun car, what are you buying?

The car was really fun to drive when you had the road to open it up. A lot of people like to talk a lot of shit on this site just to get a rise out of others.

I’m not talking shit if you’re referring to me. Just giving my opinion, and for sure don’t care about others feelings. Ymmv

• Haha
Reactions: Rent Free

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The GT350 engine isn't perfect. But the GT350 was leaps and bounds better handling and braking than any Mustang before it. By far. Hate the engine in it or not, that car started Ford on the path of cars that did more than just go in a straight line ok. You have to respect the car for that. Progression to the new GT500 shows Ford is committed to making a legit world performer.

As far as the price tag, I agree it's hard to justify large jumps I'm the same model. But the Focus RS and GT350/500 shows there are buyers for expensive cars with rock bottom starting price models also available. It will continue.

I just wish Ford would make a pure sports car to fill the gap of Mustang and the, unobtainable for most, Ford GT.

But hey, there are plenty of offerings out there by other brands. As this thread shows.

Reactions: Rent Free

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
And itll get walked by the M3/M4 cars for less money too.
Not sure what you mean by “walked”. The CT5-V blackwing is up by about 150 hp and even more if you want a manual trans. The V traps almost 130 in the quarter compared to the M3/M4 at 121. The next C&D lightning lap will be fun to see as we can expect these cars to go head to head. I’m willing to make a friendly wager with you on which will be faster.

And, not even going to get into the looks - it would get old really fast having to walk up backwards every time you approach your M3/M4 because you get dry heaves looking at the front end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info