$85k budget for a fun car, what are you buying?

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
$65k 12 second mustang
$15k for turbos, supporting mods, labor

Just to have it be worth $40k when done, oh and all the suspension stuff you paid a huge premium for is now useless.

If that's not ford owner logic, IDK what is. For $65k they should have put a decent fucking engine in the thing from the factory. I was glad to see them quickly tank to ~$42k pre-covid, no clue what they cost now and don't care. They'll come back down hard at some point I'm sure.

01bluesnake 01bluesnake would disagree.....:)

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
01bluesnake 01bluesnake would disagree.....:)

So just to confirm, you don't have an actual rebuttal?

You can see I brought up the same points in that build thread, it was done because it was a shop car and people think it's cool. Can't argue that. That's a lot different than recommending that a regular consumer use post-tax cash to turbo their slow ass $65k mustang.

• Haha
Reactions: Rent Free

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL

You can see I brought up the same points in that build thread, it was done because it was a shop car and people think it's cool. Can't argue that. That's a lot different than recommending that a regular consumer use post-tax cash to turbo their slow ass $65k mustang.
Post tax cash??!!
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Rent Free

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015

:mikek:

:ROFLMAO:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
bUt ThE gT350 IsNt a DrAg CaR.

You cant be retarded enough to think the GT350 is remotely even close to a 1/4 mile car. Thats not what it was designed for.

Sure people like 01bluesnake 01bluesnake throws turbos at it but guess what it also looks, stops, and handles better than my 2020 PP1.

The engine alone is worth price of admission for a GT350 period.

You dont have to agree or like it :rofl:

Reactions: 01bluesnake

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
bUt ThE gT350 IsNt a DrAg CaR.

You cant be retarded enough to think the GT350 is remotely even close to a 1/4 mile car. Thats not what it was designed for.

Sure people like 01bluesnake 01bluesnake throws turbos at it but guess what it also looks, stops, and handles better than my 2020 PP1.

The engine alone is worth price of admission for a GT350 period.

You dont have to agree or like it :rofl:
You swing from gimmicks like a 13yr old kid. Please explain what's so special about the voodoo engine that it justifies a $20k markup over a regular pp2

You're the one in here saying to turbo it to fix the low torque, while also saying it's not a drag car. You are right about that though, it wasn't designed as a quarter mile car, but it's not fast around a road course either:

GT350R lightning lap...2:51
ZL1 1LE...2:45

It really doesn't do anything particularly well. That's why it depreciated so badly, literally nothing about that car justifies the price

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
You swing from gimmicks like a 13yr old kid. Please explain what's so special about the voodoo engine that it justifies a $20k markup over a regular pp2

You're the one in here saying to turbo it to fix the low torque, while also saying it's not a drag car. You are right about that though, it wasn't designed as a quarter mile car, but it's not fast around a road course either:

GT350R lightning lap...2:51
ZL1 1LE...2:45

It really doesn't do anything particularly well. That's why it depreciated so badly, literally nothing about that car justifies the price

Youd have an aneurysm over the Mach 1 prices then thats basically a Bullitt inbred with a GT350 and some stickers.....:ROFLMAO:

2nd no one gives a shit about the Camaro that cant even sell well enough to justify its existence.

3rd. Voodoo engine is ONLY found in the GT350/GT350R thus making it a special car indeed.

Like it or not a fuck load of GT350s were sold. That in itself is also why resale sucks and they dont hold value that great.

Not a single car on the planet does everything great.

Lastly as DEEZUZ DEEZUZ said earlier we get it your decisions are fucking perfect. :bowrofl:

Its asinine to not be able to take a GT350 for what it is rather than ignorantly write it off as OMG Itll blow up!! Step away from the internet rumors I see plenty of them on the road.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Youd have an aneurysm over the Mach 1 prices then thats basically a Bullitt inbred with a GT350 and some stickers.....:ROFLMAO:

2nd no one gives a shit about the Camaro that cant even sell well enough to justify its existence.

3rd. Voodoo engine is ONLY found in the GT350/GT350R thus making it a special car indeed.

Like it or not a fuck load of GT350s were sold. That in itself is also why resale sucks and they dont hold value that great.

Not a single car on the planet does everything great.

Lastly as DEEZUZ DEEZUZ said earlier we get it your decisions are fucking perfect. :bowrofl:

Its asinine to not be able to take a GT350 for what it is rather than ignorantly write it off as OMG Itll blow up!! Step away from the internet rumors I see plenty of them on the road.

Tune wakes up the low end on a stock GT350

Turbos fix that.

Meh, not what I meant.

The gen1 engines REALLY suck. The gen2 as far as I know doesn’t have as many problems but the cars just have no torque.

They sold like 25k of them because they were different and baby boomers will buy ANYTHING that says shelby on it for whatever want to relive my youth reasons they have.

The gt500 fixed the torque problem.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Meh, not what I meant.

The gen1 engines REALLY suck. The gen2 as far as I know doesn’t have as many problems but the cars just have no torque.

They sold like 25k of them because they were different and baby boomers will buy ANYTHING that says shelby on it for whatever want to relive my youth reasons they have.

The gt500 fixed the torque problem.

GT500 may have fixed the torque problem but the dct trans doesnt like it so whats really gained?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Syclone with a 4L80E and possibly an LS of some kind although I could also reincarnate a more modern V6 (like that DI LS based one) for it as well. Perhaps a GN with a similar powertrain.

If I could get one into the US without a ton of hassle a Lancia Stratos kit car of some kind. Probably powered by something like the 2.2L they used in the Impalas or a Honda engine with boost. Just something with good aftermarket, lots of trans options etc. If it came with a European engine in it I wouldn't cry too much though. I'd probably end up with the above though just because they are likely easier to get.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
62/3 Catalina SD Clone.
68-72 vette.. BBC 4speed coupe
Super duty 63? Tempest clone?
73-75??? (Idk) full convertible 2wd k5 blazer
Any early 60s factory drag car clones(can't afford a real one)
67 or 68 base model Camaro with a BBC and a stick on steelies and caps. All color matched, of course...

All well under the price point. I'm simple.

GT350 is by far the best looking mustang in a long time. A 3.0 Whipple fixes the no power issue, but like some have said, I don't trust the motor. It sounds fantastic, but if you hang out on Mustang6G.com you'll think 1 in 3 motors fail (grain of salt).

?

supercharger helps a sorry engine with power! Who knew?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info