$85k budget for a fun car, what are you buying?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Midway Mustang did a supercharged Voodoo in their 93 Cobra swap.....
1628271088696.png

It is now being coyote swapped.
1628271145468.png

1628271195182.png

1628271278259.png

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
How in the hell

Honestly just don't know if Ford ever got all the kinks worked out on the motors.

Some of them eat oil like crazy, you see stories of people needing engines replaced with like 200-2,000 miles on their vehicles, etc....

I really like GT350's because they are unique and look great, but the motors would give me huge pause before I ever bought one.

1628273592348.png

It's N/A just like the 5.0 coyote. The Coyote needs forced induction as well or its slow. :dunno:

I’m aware forced induction helps a NA engine with power.

Doesn’t change the fact that the gt350 engine is complete shit and the car is a ford embarrassment

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yeah I mean DOHC engines are complicated...... So much so GM made the Blackwing in the Cadillac for like 1 whole year before calling it quits :ROFLMAO:

:ford:
I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything whatsoever?

It's super hard to defend a $65k mustang right off the bat. Add to that:

Common (and severe) engine problems
Cannot beat the comparable zl1 in any form of race whatsoever, hell it's a close match for a $45k SS 1le

I really don't understand the love for a mustang that punches so far below its weight class. It looks and sounds good, but that doesn't justify the price tag, not even close.

The gt500 is a totally different story, it performs better than practically every car sub $130k

I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything whatsoever?

It's super hard to defend a $65k mustang right off the bat. Add to that:

Common (and severe) engine problems
Cannot beat the comparable zl1 in any form of race whatsoever, hell it's a close match for a $45k SS 1le

I really don't understand the love for a mustang that punches so far below its weight class. It looks and sounds good, but that doesn't justify the price tag, not even close.

The gt500 is a totally different story, it performs better than practically every car sub $130k

Don’t they have bearing issues, oil use issues, oil pump, crankshaft issues, so many issues I can’t even remember them all

• Haha
Reactions: Rent Free

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Man since when does TCG drink the M6G.com Koolaide? LOL

I easily see more GT350s on the road than Zl1s i bet its 3 to 1 at least.

17 up GT350s had less issues than 15/16s and IIRC 18 or 19+ got same block the GT500 uses.

Id dare guess at least half the failures are either

A. owners run the engine low on oil. Hell my 18 and 20 gen3s take 10 quarts of oil DOHC engines need alot of oil esp with cam phasers on intake and exhaust side.

or

B. Boosted Voodoos that snapped the crank. Not a chance in hell id ADD a blower drive pulley and weight to an already sensitive FPC crank. Turbos only way to go on a Voodoo.

C. some people are retarded and dont deserve nice cars same with the over blown MT82 issues and the OMGBBQTICK when the 18s came out with the gen3. Neither my 18 or 20 have had an ounce of issues. Over 40k on the 18 and over 20k on my 20.

bUt ThEy SoUnD gOoD
Man since when does TCG drink the M6G.com Koolaide? LOL

I easily see more GT350s on the road than Zl1s i bet its 3 to 1 at least.

17 up GT350s had less issues than 15/16s and IIRC 18 or 19+ got same block the GT500 uses.

Id dare guess at least half the failures are either

A. owners run the engine low on oil. Hell my 18 and 20 gen3s take 10 quarts of oil DOHC engines need alot of oil esp with cam phasers on intake and exhaust side.

or

B. Boosted Voodoos that snapped the crank. Not a chance in hell id ADD a blower drive pulley and weight to an already sensitive FPC crank. Turbos only way to go on a Voodoo.

C. some people are retarded and dont deserve nice cars same with the over blown MT82 issues and the OMGBBQTICK when the 18s came out with the gen3. Neither my 18 or 20 have had an ounce of issues. Over 40k on the 18 and over 20k on my 20.

yeah you’re right, it’s all that. ford didn’t just build garbage.

• Haha
Reactions: Rent Free
It occurs to me, is this a ford vs Chevy thing to you? They both have their problems, but pointing out problems about one manufacturer only because someone is saying how big of a pile a different manufacturer built is weird and pointless.

Doesn’t make the gt350 any less a POS because Chevy has issues too.

I’m not a Ford hater, I would take an 03 cobra over a gt350 every time. Love 03 cobra

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
^^^ Same for the Dodge cars too The Challenger and Charget have 29496827 versions too.

I sure hope Dodge doing this whole "EMuscle" thing will finally modernize the Challenger / Charger Chassis if they even keep those name plates alive.

Then again I would not be surprised at all if Dodge put 800+ HP EV powertrains into current gen body style Challengers / Charger. Im sure it would sell well as be the few EVs that didnt look like shit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info