đź”– Deals 82" monster meh quality 60hz samsung Q60T TV at Best Buy & Amazon for $1499.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Just buy a big fucking tv :)
giphy.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
i really don't know that i care?

aren't most sources 1080p at best still? typically less?

Depends on what you'll be watching on this. We have the Netflix 4k plan, so lots of content is in 4k.

I also have a 4k Apple TV for streaming services that offer it in 4k.

We also tend to buy the UHD/BluRay/Digital of movies we really like and the Xbox One plays them in 4k, so for me, as a dedicated theater environment, I want the highest quality that I can get for a decent price, so when I get a projector, it'll be a 4k.

Reactions: cdh027

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

well this is fucking game changing

To clarify, I have this projector sitting 6 inches away from my wall and it projects an 80 inch image.

View attachment 102615
The short throw laser projectors are pretty cool like that. You could mount that on the ceiling in a downward projecting, or just like in the pic.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
I have a projector setup in my living room. I have room darkening blinds and that is enough where you get a great picture. At night is better of course, but its fine during the day. If you are going to go projector route, you have to go all in. Don't get a projector, project on the wall, or go cheap on cables, and expect movie theater results. You need a fixed screen made for projectors, and cables make a difference. The other thing is it will say bulb life is like 2000 hours or something. It will be more like 1400 hours. They about $250 for a new one. Most people don't get good enough cables, or don't get a quality screen and wonder why it looks terrible. So that is my 2cents on this.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I have a projector setup in my living room. I have room darkening blinds and that is enough where you get a great picture. At night is better of course, but its fine during the day. If you are going to go projector route, you have to go all in. Don't get a projector, project on the wall, or go cheap on cables, and expect movie theater results. You need a fixed screen made for projectors, and cables make a difference. The other thing is it will say bulb life is like 2000 hours or something. It will be more like 1400 hours. They about $250 for a new one. Most people don't get good enough cables, or don't get a quality screen and wonder why it looks terrible. So that is my 2cents on this.

i think some of what i posted was laser, which has a lot longer life and is also more okay in lighter rooms as well from my short stint of research.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Got a call from the furniture guy we ordered those theater seats from back in July. They are in stock and will be delivered Nov 6th.

Have a small inheritance coming, so that $ will likely go towards either a 85" or a projector/screen combo for the basement.

Never did anything with the drywall down there, so maybe I'll just paint it dark and leave it as is for now until we redo it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info