đź”– Deals 82" monster meh quality 60hz samsung Q60T TV at Best Buy & Amazon for $1499.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Seating is 16 feet from the wall with the 85”.

64603F13-85E5-4753-BB65-450E43D60AA6.jpeg

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
The difference is absolutely noticeable. Its not even rich blacks, its the fact that the individual light source is turned off, so you have actual black. If you don't really care about that, grab yourself a big tv and yolo.
Oh I’m sure it is. What im saying is, for the price to get a TV that large and still have it look way better than my old TV, it is a good deal IMO. Im under no delusion that it’s a top of the line picture. Im just saying it’s more than good enough that people aren’t going to be leaving my house saying “yea the TV was big but it didn’t look that good”

Reactions: Aircal and Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Oh I’m sure it is. What im saying is, for the price to get a TV that large and still have it look way better than my old TV, it is a good deal IMO. Im under no delusion that it’s a top of the line picture. Im just saying it’s more than good enough that people aren’t going to be leaving my house saying “yea the TV was big but it didn’t look that good”
most people cant even tell the difference unless you really point it out anyways.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
most people cant even tell the difference unless you really point it out anyways.
Or if you don’t have the 2 next to each other.
It’s like when the plaid tesla came out. It’s obviously faster than the Porsche taycan turbo S, but nobody that gets a ride in a taycan gets out and says “boy I wish this thing was a tenth or 2 faster”

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Or if you don’t have the 2 next to each other.
It’s like when the plaid tesla came out. It’s obviously faster than the Porsche taycan turbo S, but nobody that gets a ride in a taycan gets out and says “boy I wish this thing was a tenth or 2 faster”
or you know what to look for. It sucks sometimes when you know what is out there quality wise :rofl:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
But taking it back to the 10,000ft view here I totally get it if people want that type of TV. At a certain level it’s a hobby and they are really into it. It’s no different than me with my vinyl collection and buying multiple copies of an album because of slight differences in the mix. I could put on the worst sounding variant of a certain record and 99% of people would be totally happy with it and say it sounds great. I can hear the difference with changes to the preamp and stuff that my wife can’t notice. So don’t get me wrong, I totally understand

Reactions: Yaj Yak

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
When we got our first LED to replace a broken Samsung Plasma, I thought like you Stink Star Stink Star who cares? I know enough about the AV world to be dangerous but I'm not an audio/cinephile by any means. I purchased a 65" cheaper LG LED because it looked decent in the store. Got it home and immediately I saw light bleed within the set, I returned it for a much more expensive 65" Sony LED that's in my basement currently. I think the plasma spoiled me until it failed. Our 85" Sony is decent, not as good as the 65" Sony but not near as bad as the more expensive 65" LG that we had bought a few years prior.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info