đź’¬ OT 3D printers...who has one?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
That is what I’m using too. I put it in a ziplock with desiccant packets thinking maybe it absorbed water. Haven’t tried since. The hotend has been great otherwise, also got a screw in thermistor from the same company. Gulf robotics I think?
I was looking at Triangle Labs.

All my stuff is in dry boxes with desiccant packs and I print from the dry boxes. If they arent in the printing dry boxes, they are in ziplocks with desiccant and then put in a plastic box with more desiccant. I dont think moisture is my issue :rofl:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
no. all you have to do is remove the bowden so you can grasp the filament n carriage and pull firmly.

your probably fine to just hand feed during the void purge/cooldown.

with pla i start to pull at around 60c when my hownd fan startsup. the plastic will heatup towards its core and you stretch it which pulls it in from the sides and out she comes. sometimes with pla it'd snapoff at the heatbreak zone....none so far with petg, its just so stringy

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
That is what I’m using too. I put it in a ziplock with desiccant packets thinking maybe it absorbed water. Haven’t tried since. The hotend has been great otherwise, also got a screw in thermistor from the same company. Gulf robotics I think?

do a pid learn. if its an exact replacment it might be fine but id still do it

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
no. all you have to do is remove the bowden so you can grasp the filament n carriage and pull firmly.

your probably fine to just hand feed during the void purge/cooldown.

with pla i start to pull at around 60c when my hownd fan startsup. the plastic will heatup towards its core and you stretch it which pulls it in from the sides and out she comes. sometimes with pla it'd snapoff at the heatbreak zone....none so far with petg, its just so stringy
gotcha. I will be using Nylon (trimmer line) for the cold pull most likely

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I was looking at Triangle Labs.

All my stuff is in dry boxes with desiccant packs and I print from the dry boxes. If they arent in the printing dry boxes, they are in ziplocks with desiccant and then put in a plastic box with more desiccant. I dont think moisture is my issue :rofl:

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I’m under the impression you can’t do one with the stock board :dunno:
you can, you just need to hook it up to a computer

pronterface is an application that will allow you to send marlin codes to it.

I use Octoprint so I have direct access to a terminal to send commands.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
also need those older type of usb cables (PS controller cable will work)

USB A to USB Mini

usb.jpeg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
So cleaned out my hotend. New nozzle, New inner PTFE. Re-did my Extruder motor splicing and instead of soldering, I used my tried and true dolphin connectors. Oh also the stock motor wires are fucking garbage thin ass shit FYI. Had to re-do 2 of the inner wires on the plug because when I went to strip some of the jacket off, the fucking inner wires disconnected and literally pulled out of the jacket while the jacket was still connected into the crimped end of the white motor cable plug.....so I had a wire coming off the plug that was literally just the rubber jacket....empty inside.

Reset my Z-Offset.

And PLA prints just dandy again.

But based on the PTFE I believe I got heat creep with PETG temperatures which caused a semi-clogged inner PTFE tube. Or it was just small clogs overtime and got plugged up and it was too high to remove with a cold pull.

I will have to try printing PETG again and see what happens. I know it works, but it got all gunked up after about 24 hours of straight PETG printing with little breaks every few hours to clear the plate and start another print.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Hatchbox PLA. been printing real decent before. wondering if it got cooler and that started causing problems. I had a 200w bulb and an enclosure with the door open.

I am making as case for my raspi.
try to run a PID Tune for the hotend.

It looks like layer seperation . maybe try a hotter temp or maybe over-extrusion too?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4581970

I saw this and chuckled. It's an AAA to AA adapter. While I don't have any use for it I do buy AAAs by the pile as rechargeables. At that point I don't know that I'd mind the reduced battery life in most things.

The reason I was even looking is there are some mag lite battery adapters (1 18650 in a 2 C or D, 2 18650s in a 3 or 4 cell unit.) I have a few 3C cheapie flash lights around here and thought it may be interesting to make a couple up and retrofit to LED. I also need a "host" to put some IR LEDs I have in as well and thought they'd be fitting for that. Not only that but if I could score a couple 3C mags at a yard sale they're still not bad quality in terms of build.

Thread Info