3800 3800 Parts/Service Swaporama let's pay it forward

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Thanks guys for helping reduce the pile o parts...it was great hanging out....i'm glad i could con CJ into taking a L36 valvecover :lolsign: thanks for that steel cj, we already put it to good use...for the drill press/porting table

No problem James, it was nice meeting you and Al, shootin the shit for a while. I'll turn it into my modified custom race ready valve cover, haha. I figured it wouldn't take you long to do something with that stuff. Good luck getting rid of the rest of it.
CJ

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I got a whole engine you could polish... lol [/b]

ha! if you saw how i looked after the 3 pieces i just polished up recently i bet you wouldnt mind paying for it to be done :p ...if i had the $ i would lol :rolleyes: the garage is covered in strings from the 8 inch wheels and buffing compound/dust...it's way worse than sandblasting

No problem James, it was nice meeting you and Al, shootin the shit for a while. I'll turn it into my modified custom race ready valve cover, haha. I figured it wouldn't take you long to do something with that stuff. Good luck getting rid of the rest of it.
CJ [/b]

hey if it does the job and you dont have to mask all that off you won... i think i'm gonna chuck the gear piece too but i've already used the "seal driver" and the cylinder as a hammer, i dont think that took more than an hour after you left :lolsign:

anyone else need anything?

i've been thinking of slicing up the two pieces of L36 LIM and a pair of spare exhaust manifolds so i can bolt them to the sliced head ports for a look at what affects overall headflow, i need to find a junk L67 LIM i can slice up too...

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

Wont you need them when you put your car back together?? Or am I missing something and your getting another blower? :lolsign:
[/b]
I bought another blower, P&P it. That is what will be going into the car, so the one on the car, the only thing I am taking off that blower is the snout. Then I'll be P&P that casing and selling it off.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

I need a new S/C coupler...or a used one thats still good if anyone has one.

LMK
[/b]

When I pull my blower apart, I have a coupler that isn't making any noise in there. I have a new one going back in. It's yours if you want it. Probably be better to just grab a new one though, they aren't that expensive, and then you are done with it, instead of putting a bandaid on it (Especially with the price of SC oil alone)

Oh, on that same note, I got a couple pumps from work (for gallon soap containers) that people might want to get the SC oil out quickly and cleanly. I got about 5 or so. Free to good home :)
CJ

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Anyone got an extra oil dipstick laying around? Not the tube, just the stick. Mine's broken at the top. The bottom part of the plastic handle where the gasket is at keeps trying to fall off and drop inside the tube. [/b]

i have 1 good one and 3 broken ones....sorry, run to a jyard, they arent that $ from GM either...

EDIT!!!! i will give a polished thermostat housing to the man (or woman) who can get us a W body AC compressor bracket for a SII!

cliffs: shiney thing for AC thing

durrr edit2

fish if you dont mind how crappy they look Al attacked a pair with the airgrinder....um not pretty but functional (use light colored paint lol) i'll ask him if he wants to get rid of his mistake lol

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well i was able to help out sam recently...

i still have a buncha stuff, including parts from the 98 lumina (3100) etc

it looks like i will be parting out/junking my 92 imperial, so if any of you know of someone looking for a less than 20k mile performance rebuilt chrysler 3.8L V6 or new struts/brake parts including a bendix system 10 delete *many of these parts fit the other chrysler K cars, dynasty, newyorker etc.

we are still looking for a W body ac compressor bracket, we've had a couple bites but nothings come through yet...i havent had the time to run tot the Jyard so we are still looking for one... a polished thermostat neck is still sitting here waiting for that special person to take it home...

also for my SI/SII hybrid project i'm looking for a pair of mangled/cutup/unusable L67 fuel rails for clearance work so i can continure fabing the twin M90 UIM to clear the 12 injectors and their rails...i have L36 rails to sacrafice but i need L67 one's as well

i can barter work etc....c'mon help a couple of frugal redneck psychotic gearheads out....

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
<div class='quotemain'> do you have any more valve covers? I have a project in mind and need some old valve covers. [/b]

i think i have one NA VC left... and i think Al is willing to help Fishy out with the craptastic l67 ones

pm frosty he has a cracked L36 vc if your chopping one up
[/b][/quote]

Sweet. VCs would be awsome. Still waiting to see when CJ will have the rotors ready as well. Ive yet to look in the bins of parts to make sure I have everything i need. Damn my being busy/being lazy. :lolsign:

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> do you have any more valve covers? I have a project in mind and need some old valve covers. [/b]

i think i have one NA VC left... and i think Al is willing to help Fishy out with the craptastic l67 ones

pm frosty he has a cracked L36 vc if your chopping one up
[/b][/quote]

Sweet. VCs would be awsome. Still waiting to see when CJ will have the rotors ready as well. Ive yet to look in the bins of parts to make sure I have everything i need. Damn my being busy/being lazy. :lolsign:
[/b][/quote]

Sorry Fish, you didn't really give me an answer as to weather you wanted them or not. Do you need them before the mod day? If so, I'll have them out by next weekend, maybe before. If you don't need them right away, I can bring em to mod day, and we'll work out a price (cheap).

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I dont need them anytime soon. :) [/b]

Al still hasent tackled that filler on the VC's...i'm glad your not in a rush lol

I need!

Power window master switch for a 4dr (drivers side)

Starter for a 97 GTP (I think 97-03 will work)[/b]

i can yank the one from the 98 lumina, meh maybe you can make it work, i am pretty sure the starter isnt the same though lol

A new car :( [/b]

i have a slightly molested 98 lumina and a 92 Imperial with a bad trans :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info