đź“° Auto News 2023 C8 Z06 | 670hp, 5.5L Flat-Plane

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
GM has always had a high failure rate in marketing lol.

You need good marketing when you have an inferior product. Dodge for example is peddling cars with a chassis from the Daimler Chrysler days.

GM’s team has a fresh slate car that will dominate at the track and endurance racing. No need to market vehicles when you already have enough buyers willing to pay substantially over MSRP.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I think you've overestimated the market share for this vehicle as well as it's ultimate price point.

Don't see this as an "everymans" corvette.
This Z06 will be like every other. Bluehairs will rush to the dealers to tell everyone they have a 670 horsepower track beast and use it in parades and sit in parking lots. And they’ll pay $10-20k over sticker.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
This Z06 will be like every other. Bluehairs will rush to the dealers to tell everyone they have a 670 horsepower track beast and use it in parades and sit in parking lots. And they’ll pay $10-20k over sticker.

maybe it’s only me, but starting with the C6, I’ve found the majority of Z06 buyers actually drive the fuck out of them. You don’t see too many old men wiping them down with quick detail at the Sunday morning car shows

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
maybe it’s only me, but starting with the C6, I’ve found the majority of Z06 buyers actually drive the fuck out of them. You don’t see too many old men wiping them down with quick detail at the Sunday morning car shows
C5z’s get tracked hardcore. Hit up a hpde at road America and it’s generally full of them.

Reactions: S8ER01Z

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida

That's the great thing about living in the U.S.A. People can buy them and track them till the wheels fall off or park them in their garages and wax them daily.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
C5 / C6 cars I feel many didn’t accept as they only available with a manual trans hard top, then the C7 Z06 came out with a auto trans and sold more of these to a wider audience, and then add the variable of a convertible option. I see a good amount of C7 Z06’s on the road and 9/10 times they are an auto, and a vert. Gm listened to the main buyers of these cars and made the changes, other wise they would have went to another car brand.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
C5 / C6 cars I feel many didn’t accept as they only available with a manual trans hard top, then the C7 Z06 came out with a auto trans and sold more of these to a wider audience, and then add the variable of a convertible option. I see a good amount of C7 Z06’s on the road and 9/10 times they are an auto, and a vert. Gm listened to the main buyers of these cars and made the changes, other wise they would have went to another car brand.
I dislike the addition of an Auto and convertible in the C7. Because the Auto wasn't a DCT, and well, Convertible is enough said in the "Hardcore" track version of the car.

I would never order my Z06 with either a convertible or a traditional auto.

I would however instantly check the option for a proper DCT, I would have on my RS if it were offered.

Reactions: frank

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I dislike the addition of an Auto and convertible in the C7. Because the Auto wasn't a DCT, and well, Convertible is enough said in the "Hardcore" track version of the car.

I would never order my Z06 with either a convertible or a traditional auto.

I would however instantly check the option for a proper DCT, I would have on my RS if it were offered.
I agree the Z06 is a track car and should have stayed as a hardtop and a manual trans or a dct if it an option.

gm needed something for the old balls / can’t drive stick community-demographic who has the money for that car.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
1635357495141.png

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

The reason Mod motors suck is due to the 4.6L SOHC crap when ford came out with it. Sure, Ford kept working, and the Coyote and Voodoo engines do rock now.

However, the complaint is about what will Chevy guys say when we get it? I'd say yes please to a 670hp 5.5L SBC making 121hp per liter. Gimme some more of that please.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info