đź“° Auto News 2023 C8 Z06 | 670hp, 5.5L Flat-Plane

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Only like 100. The torque makes it fun on the street since your not spending your time at 8,200 rpm.

The ability to rev to 8200 rpm has other benefits such as smaller gear ratios, which then puts more power to the ground on high HP cars even during daily driving with less torque.
A car with an 8200 redline can have a 32% more aggressive gear than a car with a 6200 redline and therefore put down 32% more power to the ground with the same drivability. This is why engine torque doesn’t matter, because it doesn’t illustrate power to the ground through gears.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
These people dry humping eachother like its the second coming, and I really dont see a difference between this new one and the normal C8.
I would say of all the things that make this thing badass, styling differences aren’t any of them. Is it because they didn’t charge much? Or is it that the standard C8 is already pretty aggressive? Not sure but you’re not buying this thing because of a new front and rear bumper that’s for sure

Reactions: ZXMustang

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Uuuuuh, torque if absolutely everything. Ask Tesla.
yeah but unless you put electric motors at each wheel....like tesla... the torque is useless if you can't utilize it. A single gas motor cant make the super fine instant tq adjustments at each wheel like tesla can to get at the edge of traction at all times.

They aren't comparable is what I am getting at. Each platform handles torque completely different.

S8ER01Z

Addict
TCG Premium
Jun 2, 2013
Maybe I’ve been spoiled by Dodge just showing their cars sliding sideways up a fucking tree during release events but this was painful as hell. I don’t care about any of these “celebrity” opinions and it seemed to be lacking engineering details and performance numbers. I skipped that entire waste of time they spent talking about this thing like it’s an art piece and then just closed it when it went to the lame talking panel. GM needs to fire their marketing team

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Maybe I’ve been spoiled by Dodge just showing their cars sliding sideways up a fucking tree during release events but this was painful as hell. I don’t care about any of these “celebrity” opinions and it seemed to be lacking engineering details and performance numbers. I skipped that entire waste of time they spent talking about this thing like it’s an art piece and then just closed it when it went to the lame talking panel. GM needs to fire their marketing team
GM has always had a high failure rate in marketing lol.

Reactions: Rent Free
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info