đź“° Auto News 2023 C8 Z06 | 670hp, 5.5L Flat-Plane

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
That's what the street ZO6 should look like.

1636659367029.png

1636659389771.png

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I still consider it a bespoke engine. You couldn't buy it in ANY other car. Only the C4 ZR1.
The LS7 was a “bespoke” engine from 06-13. GM is still making the Camaro until at least 2026. It may not be bespoke for long. But yes, you are absolutely right that the LT5 was also bespoke. Doesn’t matter who assembled or engineered it. It was put into the C4 only and came off the GM production line that way.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
The LS7 was a “bespoke” engine from 06-13. GM is still making the Camaro until at least 2026. It may not be bespoke for long. But yes, you are absolutely right that the LT5 was also bespoke. Doesn’t matter who assembled or engineered it. It was put into the C4 only and came off the GM production line that way.

There was a 5th Gen Z28 with the 7.0

Reactions: Huggerorange73

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I still consider it a bespoke engine. You couldn't buy it in ANY other car. Only the C4 ZR1.

Not designed entirely by GM is the point. It was "Farmed out"

The GT350s Voodoo was entirely inhouse and Only in the GT350/Rs

Im fairly certian the "bespoke" comment is aimed at Ford.

Also I highly doubt the 6th gen Camaro will get this engine as a Z28. The Camaro doesnt sell worth a damn the way it is.

However a Z28 with the Z06 engine ceramic brakes and carbon wheels would be one hell of a final model for the 6th gen. I just dont see it happening.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
As such, rumors are flying like crazy and this particular claim from the YouTube channel HorsePower Obsessed caught our attention for a couple of reasons. The video cites two completely separate Chevrolet dealerships reporting the same starting price of $87,000. That's a very clean number, so it probably translates to something like $86,995 or $87,195. But the takeaway is that this screaming 670-horsepower supercar will start under $90,000, and while that's not cheap, it's still less than half the cost of anything remotely comparable.

That is, it will allegedly cost that much. The video keeps these claimed dealership sources completely anonymous, so there's absolutely no way to fact-check this YouTuber. However, we can confirm that an $87,000 starting price mirrors the price gap between the previous-generation C7 Stingray and Z06 models. That's the second reason this caught our attention, as it does lend some credence to the claim.

Lastly – and this is pure speculation on our part – we doubt Chevrolet has settled on a Z06 starting price yet. The car won't go on sale until later in 2022, so any information received by dealers would likely be rumors from the automaker. Traditionally speaking, rumors based on rumors aren't always reliable.

There is at least some supporting evidence for this rumor being accurate. But at this early stage, take it all with a grain of salt.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Or get one from a quality dealer and pay sticker.

I doubt you'll find many. It's simple supply and demand.

C8 production has been hampered by a lot of stuff-A strike, COVID, chip shortage, surging demand, etc. Couple that with a insane car market and it's going to be really rough to find one at MSRP for a long time.

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I doubt you'll find many. It's simple supply and demand.

C8 production has been hampered by a lot of stuff-A strike, COVID, chip shortage, surging demand, etc. Couple that with a insane car market and it's going to be really rough to find one at MSRP for a long time.
My point is that there are dealers who don't charge over sticker. My buddy has two reserved from two different dealerships and both guarantee to not charge over sticker.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
My point is that there are dealers who don't charge over sticker. My buddy has two reserved from two different dealerships and both guarantee to not charge over sticker.

I'm serious, PM me the dealer and contact information. I'll put a deposit down and so will my brother if they will put it in writing. The problem is that money talks. If there's a guy willing to pay $25K over sticker, guess who the slot is going to go to?

My friend's dad is a sales manager at a local Chevy dealer. He's a straight shooter and been in the high end car business for decades. They already had a sizeable list of deposits (2 year waiting list) and are asking $50K over sticker. I believe him looking at the market.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Stasek Chevrolet never charges over sticker for anything. But there list by now is long. My buddy is number 47 and that was like a year ago. The other dealer I think was Martin. He has a good relationship with them and he was number 7 on the allocation list about 8 months ago.

I'll give them a call.

The problem is that dealers won't get a ton. #47 might be a few years based on sales volume of Martin (I have no clue how many they sell and will be allocated). #7 might will probably be a first year run (Stasek is #20 in Corvette sales nationwide).

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info