2020 Ford GT500 Unveiled

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
This is a little old, but I had not seen that the guy had the car custom painted by Ford and BASF/Penske. 1 of 1 is pretty cool.

5b6507f87f389503378ae4e950d5ee41.jpg

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Other peoples tire rubber. Looks like it was a press car that was beat up on a road course.

I've been on many road courses with my car and if anything, the tires end up cleaner. They get scrub marks on them, but they don't pick up rubber or anything else and certainly not anything inside the treads.

Are we sure that wasn't from a huge burnout maybe?

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
I've been on many road courses with my car and if anything, the tires end up cleaner. They get scrub marks on them, but they don't pick up rubber or anything else and certainly not anything inside the treads.

I think cup2's are very prone to picking up stuff like that. I saw pictures of other cup2's that looked exactly like that after road course use and the drivers stated it was from picking up rubber from the track. This is just what Ive read as I have no first hand knowledge so take with a grain of salt.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I don't think anyone would argue the 911 GT3 RS is one of the best track weapons out there. The GT3 has 520 hp and the RS brings the curb weight down to 3,150 pounds. Plus suspension changes that make it a world class production race car. Randy Probst puts the GT3 RS againts the 2020 GT500 on Chuckwalla Valley Raceway. Before watching the video, how far beind so you think the 760 hp 4,200 pound GT500 will be?

SIde by side track only video

Full video with Jason Cammisa. It drag races the GT500 against a Hellcat and then a Ferrari 812 Superfast. Then the track laps around Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with different views than the first video posted

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood

not going fast enough if your tires arent picking up rubber on the track

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Well, it is impressive for the fact that no mustang has ever been able to come close to a vette on the track. The GT350 was a great stride closer to it. So it says "something" about the GT500 prowess. I would bet as soon as the c8 Z06 is released it will smack the GT500 around a course. But Kudos to Ford for finally making a true sports car that isn't $500k.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info