2020 Ford GT500 Unveiled

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I met an engineer from Roush back in 2016 at local track , he was testing supercharged 2016 Roush that time at the track . I talked to him for a while in staging lanes regarding Voodoo engines as I was interested in picking up 350R .He said they tested bunch of them as they were planning to release a supercharged Roush with Voodoo engine. Engines didn't pass their durability test with supercharger , they couldn't keep them together for more then 5K miles
I'm not even a little bit surprised at this. Lol

Reactions: The Beast

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007

Well ill put it here. Dont care someone can move if necessary.

Big cube coyote going to be possible thanks to ford without spending a wheel barrow full of cash.

Can go up to 5.6!

PSA..... Tis PRI season people!

Are you being serious? I see getting excited on the potential of that block, but you will be spending a wheel barrow full of cash. How much you think it’s going to cost to build a motor like that? I’m betting upwards of $10K easy. Add that to the cost of a GT350 just sounds silly.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Are you being serious? I see getting excited on the potential of that block, but you will be spending a wheel barrow full of cash. How much you think it’s going to cost to build a motor like that? I’m betting upwards of $10K easy. Add that to the cost of a GT350 just sounds silly.

Where did i mention that at all in a GT350?

I havnt seen any prices on it but all i posted if for is its going to make more cubes possible without going to a mega buck billet block.

Settle.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Where did i mention that at all in a GT350?

I havnt seen any prices on it but all i posted if for is its going to make more cubes possible without going to a mega buck billet block.

Settle.

You post this in the thread where we there is an argument on spending $100K on a new GT500 vs. your claim of it makes mores sense to buy a GT350 & put a blower on it.

But anyway, add it to the price of a newer GT, still a lot of cash. For what? To get 1K horsepower for the street? 800 RWHP isn’t enough? I’m not sure you understand the costs of building a motor. Machine work, fastening hardware, supporting mods to handle the extra power, yada yada yada.

It all adds up and before you know it you are spending a wheel barrow of cash.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

Big cube coyote going to be possible thanks to ford without spending a wheel barrow full of cash.

Can go up to 5.6!

How many cars have you actually built? We can even call installing an aftermarket supercharger a "build" for the sake of this discussion.

Every time a thread comes out with a new car, you jump in there and talk about how aftermarket parts are the solution to everything, the car is overpriced from the factory, blahblahblahbalh.

I'll give you advice: every dollar you spend on aftermarket parts is a dollar thrown away, hell in a lot of cases with more expensive cars it actually makes it depreciate worse because people don't like to run the risk of inheriting someone else's problems. Not to mention aftermarket parts are much more of a headache than you would expect if you don't have experience with them, and finding a reputable shop is damn near impossible.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Im finally out in DC. JPC is close by.

I posted the block article as its interesting fords offering a factory iron block.

Half you clowns act like im inline to buy one.

God for bid I post something for discussion on a car forum.

You people kill me sometimes.

Carry on.

You can post it, but even if you remove the context of the 2020 GT500 vs GT350 w/ aftermarket and leave it as a stand alone there is an issue with your post which is a valid point of discussion. You seem to think building new motors isn't going to cost you a wheel barrow full of cash and I disagree.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
You can post it, but even if you remove the context of the 2020 GT500 vs GT350 w/ aftermarket and leave it as a stand alone there is an issue with your post which is a valid point of discussion. You seem to think building new motors isn't going to cost you a wheel barrow full of cash and I disagree.

Show me where i said building an engine is cheap?

You are boardline putting words in my mouth at the same caliber as my wife. :ROFLMAO:

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007

Can go up to 5.6!

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015

Just in time for a GT350 or GT500 along with that iron block....:eek:

Ohh wait neither use DI. :ROFLMAO:

Anyways Im surprised it took this long to develop a pump for the DI side of the gen3 engine.

Sure port injection is what tuners go to for added fuel when the need comes but its hard to argue with the DI benefits especially if you can make 1000whp on pump and not need E85.

Last edited:

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
That translates to cheap to you?

You need help.

Wheel barrow of cash was implied as currently only way to get those cubes is with a mega buck MMR billet block.

So yes the iron block is cheaper........

Alex Flores (YOLO) approves the new GT500. You can stand down on this one.

I see the point of a GT350 being an great, all purpose stick car, especially with a blower or turbo kit added. Granted, the life span of the motor and trans may be short lived.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
1576608154247.png

Reactions: crooks
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info