Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
These types of records have been done with AED as well.

However, this is not your average run of the mill 5.0.

No seats, no mufflers (good amount of weight reduction), race gas, full exhaust, aggressive tuning, etc.

I think it is impressive, but, I don't see your average joe running these times.

This is a low-mid 11 car at full weight, without slicks/skinnies and the amount of weight reduction they have.

Its actually a 10.9 car at full weight...

10.9 with our NA 2018 GT 10R80 with E85, long tubes, corsa sport, 4.10 gears, and the STOCK AIRBOX. All done on factory suspension.

The 10.88 pass is with mufflers droped and interior messed with.

Naturally aspirated with the Stock airbox, Stock suspension, drag pack, long tubes, e85/FTW mix, no mufflers, no seats, and 4.10 gears.

Unless they failed to mention no seats for the 10.9....they didnt drop the mufflers until AFTER they cracked 10s.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Its actually a 10.9 car at full weight...

The 10.88 pass is with mufflers droped and interior messed with.

Unless they failed to mention no seats for the 10.9....they didnt drop the mufflers until AFTER they cracked 10s.

One of your old posts.

New personal best in our 2018 GT 10R80 test mule. Naturally aspirated with the Stock airbox, Stock suspension, drag pack, long tubes, e85/FTW mix, no mufflers, no seats, and 4.10 gears. It went 10.94 with full exhaust!

:ford:

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
So are you agreeing with me? :rofl:

It went 10.9 full exhaust and seats, and 10.88 without mufflers and seats...

The way I read it is they ran their old time without seats, and a new best later on.

Didn't really pay attention to every detail.

So, in a weird way, I guess I am agreeing with you. :bigthumb:

Mufflers and seats are a minimal weight lose in a 3,700+ lbs car and the effects minimal as they are non-rotational mass.

Mufflers probably weigh 40-50LBS for the set, and seats/brackets are probably over 100LBS.

Either way, it is not an extreme amount of weight, but, that definitely helps.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
This might be sacrilegious, but the 03-04 Cobras are dinosaurs in terms of performance. They have a wet noodle chassis, poor suspension geometry, and a dated powertrain.

The modern 5.0’s are a better performance platform and the S550 chassis is light years ahead. I wouldn’t be surprised if an EcoBoost 4 cylinder PP posted better lap times than a Cobra.

Technology has come a long ways over the last few years.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I know to make a termi go 10’s was quite a bit, right? They could go into the 9s ....then suck a valve. I am liking the 18s more and more. Wife already liked the design and if it’s automatic...
200.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I just built a 2018 5.0 with the 10 speed for $37,685 on Ford's website. So, I'm guessing you could have a brand new ten second car for under $40k. That's pretty awesome.

Or spend $40K and get the 700 hp version dealers are selling. haha

btw, Gladiator isn't about timeslips. He's about dat 'round the block life. So he should buy my 2015 GT and look pimp when going around the block. :bigthumb:

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I would certainly hope car that is 15 years newer with better technology would be better than an 03/04 Cobra.

What do 2018 GT's run in the 1/4 bone stock?
[MENTION=927]GTP[/MENTION]ower - $37,000 + Taxes, plus another $5,000 in parts to run 10's.

Headers on new 5.0's are not cheap, even with the lower quality brands like Pypes.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Lmao! Dude you just gotta come home with it and beg for forgiveness.
This might be sacrilegious, but the 03-04 Cobras are dinosaurs in terms of performance. They have a wet noodle chassis, poor suspension geometry, and a dated powertrain.

The modern 5.0’s are a better performance platform and the S550 chassis is light years ahead. I wouldn’t be surprised if an EcoBoost 4 cylinder PP posted better lap times than a Cobra.

Technology has come a long ways over the last few years.
I would bet a paycheck that an Ecoboost PP Mustang would shit all over a Terminator on a roadcourse. Add tune only and it'll spank it in a straightline too! Lol
I would certainly hope car that is 15 years newer with better technology would be better than an 03/04 Cobra.

[MENTION=927]GTP[/MENTION]ower - $37,000 + Taxes, plus another $5,000 in parts to run 10's.

Headers on new 5.0's are not cheap, even with the lower quality brands like Pypes.
I think the bone stock record is like 11.8's. Terminators were what, 34k when new? With inflation factored, the new cars are a BARGAIN!

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Lmao! Dude you just gotta come home with it and beg for forgiveness.

I would bet a paycheck that an Ecoboost PP Mustang would shit all over a Terminator on a roadcourse. Add tune only and it'll spank it in a straightline too! Lol

I think the bone stock record is like 11.8's. Terminators were what, 34k when new? With inflation factored, the new cars are a BARGAIN!

Haha, fair enough.

I'd still take a new one over a Terminator. I loved and miss mine still, but, the fact that they are a thing of the past, I couldn't own one again.

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
2003-2004 cobras were made in limited numbers.so they are a lot more desirable.they were high tech and a step forward at the time.new mustangs are a dime a dozen now since ford made them a global car so even as technology advances they are still a dime a dozen.i don't own a cobra but if the car was such a piece of crap that you guys think.why are they holding their value.you see all these new mustangs all over the place.how many cobras do you see every day.these new car are to advanced they are not drivers cars anymore.the technology does everything for you.in the day you actually had to work and drive the car to get good numbers at the track.just my 2 cents.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005

Why buy a new 18 when you can buy a used 15 - 17.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info