2018 Mustang GT - 10.9 NA

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan02Stang View Post
10.88 with some bolt-ons and a tune. What a time to be alive!
Almost makes guys with 2V's and Terminators want to drive those POS's off a cliff...
Yaj Yak, GLADIATOR and The Beast like this.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Or spend $40K and get the 700 hp version dealers are selling. haha

btw, Gladiator isn't about timeslips. He's about dat 'round the block life. So he should buy my 2015 GT and look pimp when going around the block. :bigthumb:

Gap insurance is mandatory on one of the $40k dealer built mustangs.

Talk shit, never race, because round da block for life.....

My son will be in the market for a cool car soon...

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
bca6f9b79db7dcc9dcc2c9e213599281.jpg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan02Stang View Post
10.88 with some bolt-ons and a tune. What a time to be alive!
Almost makes guys with 2V's and Terminators want to drive those POS's off a cliff...
Yaj Yak, GLADIATOR and The Beast like this.

I stand by my original statement.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You are confusing me with some of the ballers on here...I am broke dick

That is what banks and credit unions are for. Lol

So what does it take for the 15s to hit 10.9?

Many have done it with the same formula as the 2011-14 cars. CJ intake (GT350 may work but leaves some power on the table), cat deletes/headers, e85, slicks, balls to launch it hard with a stick. haha Auto will need a converter.

Less weight is always helpful.

As far as people on this forum I don't think there is any 10 second n/a coyote.

My 2011 had a CJ intake set up and was on 93 octane. It went 11.2 @ 122. I had a jacked up mt82 (thanks to the original owner) that I couldn't power shift. It was also full weight. A better trans and I think it would have been a 11.0 car. Add e85 it could have gone 10's consistently. Add more dialing in, a good DA, and a pepper track, I think deep into the 10's.

Drew on here went 11.0 @ 126 with a good trans he could shift at 7,800, e85, and was a couple hundred pounds lighter than my set up. With more passes and a good day he would have went into the 10's.

FYI, my 2015 with a 4c converter has the same/better 60' as this car. If I kept the car I would add a CJ intake set up and swing for that 10 second pass. Maybe add more stall speed to get it to leave even harder.

There is no doubt the 2018 motor has the best of the earlier coyote and GT350 programs. It makes great power and moves a lot of air. Add the 10 speed auto and you get even better gearing. Just depends on if you want to save money and/or like the 2017 and earlier car looks, or if you want to spend more money on a 2018. You can't go wrong either way.

Guys with boost should run 9's with no excuses. Ya, I said it! Come at me you blown coyote guys!

:rofl:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
That is what banks and credit unions are for. Lol

Same formula as the 2011-14 cars. CJ intake (GT350 may work but leaves some power on the table), cat deletes/headers, e85, slicks, balls to launch it hard with a stick. haha Auto will need a converter.

Less weight is always helpful.

FYI, my car with a 4c converter has the same/better 60' as this car. If I kept the car I would add a CJ intake set up and swing for that 10 second pass. Maybe add more stall speed to get it to leave even harder.

There is no doubt the 2018 motor has the best of the earlier coyote and GT350 programs. It makes great power and moves a lot of air. Add the 10 speed auto and you get even better gearing. Just depends on if you want to save money and/or like the 2017 and earlier car looks, or if you want to spend more money on a 2018. You can't go wrong either way.

Guys with boost should run 9's with no excuses. Ya, I said it! Come at me you blown coyote guys!

:rofl:

They are coming this year

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Seems like these shops always run stupid numbers when a new mustang comes out then you go to the track and they're all running high 12's.

Not everyone is capable. That is for sure. I have seen guys with all kinds of cars run an ok to bad times. A buddy jumps in their car for the first time and runs a way better time than the owner.

A lot of times people watch these videos and have no clue the work, tuning, trial and error, and everything else that goes into these videos. People watch a 10 second video and they all assume since one person on YT did it, they can too. Usually not the case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info