2014 sho pp

On a sidenote Lyle:
the people (or employees) transporting the Taurus/Explorers/Police cars from the Torrence Plant to the RR Yard in Harvey.. drive like fuckin idiots

they turn in my work lot EVERY day off I-80...good luck & keep in touch man

Haha, yep I know, they pay those people shit, and no pension! How u doing?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It sucks... There are just so many better cars for the money. It's cramped for it's size, it handles well relative to other Taurus' but not other cars, it's front wheel drive biased, it's not particularly good looking and it's a Ford Taurus knocking on the door of 40k. 40k. lol no.

If you must have a SHO with that engine take advantage of it's abysmal resale value and buy a 2010 for $21,000. Seriously, that's half price. German cars have better resale than that.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...][]]&listingId=348865022&listingIndex=1&Log=0

But seriously, just don't. When someone recommends you keep a Challenger over one you know it's a crap car.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Reason? Inherent problems?

The 2014 with Performance Package is a big improvement over what they were when initially introduced. It's still stupid money for a car that's huge on the outside, small on the inside (front and rear) with tech that will try to kill you. It's FWD based and handles as such when pushed to the limits, which aren't hard to find because it's massive.

For that money, I'd check out a Charger R/T - available with AWD and has much better executed gadgetry. Gas mileage isn't much worse, and you can't even tell the Charger has AWD - it still handles like a RWD car. Plus the R/T sounds badass. More so than the Challenger IMO.

If you have to stick in the Ford family, give the Fusion with higher-output 2.0 turbo a chance. It has available summer tires with AWD that make the car rip, plus it has more room up front than the Taurus and more room overall on the inside for the most part, except the trunk. The Fusion is impressive all around and while it still has MFT, it's an improved version.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008

I'm going to get made fun of and berated for this post and anyone that knows me can probably see where this is going but if you're willing to drop that kind of coin why not go for something that's awesome in other aspects as well as stupidly fast?

2011+ 550i's have 450hp twin turbo V8s that are over 500hp with a tune and instead of having a car that's fast in a straight line and compromises everywhere else you'd have an amazing all around car. You can get them for under 40k certified.

The 300 is a great car but $47,000 puts up against some pretty stiff competition.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm going to get made fun of and berated for this post and anyone that knows me can probably see where this is going but if you're willing to drop that kind of coin why not go for something that's awesome in other aspects as well as stupidly fast?

2011+ 550i's have 450hp twin turbo V8s that are over 500hp with a tune and instead of having a car that's fast in a straight line and compromises everywhere else you'd have an amazing all around car. You can get them for under 40k certified.

The 300 is a great car but $47,000 puts up against some pretty stiff competition.

are you saying a 550i would out handle a 300c srt8?

just curious cuz i don't know...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I would have to assume it would. A base non-sport 550 is competent. A base 300 is fine for what it is but it's not close to being a driver's car.

So with one you're building off a high end frame that's built for driving dynamics. The other not so much.

At under 30k a used 300c is a pretty compelling car but if you're willing to up your budget to high 40's you're opening yourself up to a lot of better choices that don't have roots staked in an enterprise lot.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I would have to assume it would. A base non-sport 550 is competent. A base 300 is fine for what it is but it's not close to being a driver's car.

So with one you're building off a high end frame that's built for driving dynamics. The other not so much.

At under 30k a used 300c is a pretty compelling car but if you're willing to up your budget to high 40's you're opening yourself up to a lot of better choices that don't have roots staked in an enterprise lot.

.....you realize he linked a 300c srt8 right?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Mike K still has a good point, though. The 5 Series has many other merits in its favor if the OP is looking for $45k car - interior and ride quality, gas mileage. Huge range of certified luxury cars enter the picture at that price. But, who knows, maybe he's looking for a muscle sedan that's raw, fast and loud with convenience options like adaptive cruise control, adjustable suspension firmness, heated steering wheel and more. Plus the 8.4-inch system is better than any luxury car infotainment screen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info