1quick's 2016 Mustang Roush Stage 2 Hellcat killer

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Nice, which cat back did you go with?

I just got the black mbrp street cat back, I wanted something somewhat quiet so it's not obnoxious when I put headers on, but it needs a little more rumble than stock

Edit and the price, mbrp is 640 minus the 6% Facebook code on American muscle, and a $75 rebate through mbrp, so I got a cat back powder coated black for 525ish shipped

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Cat back will add some volume for sure. But you still have the muffler in the middle of the car. This is also where the exhaust is reduced down the most. Someone on mustang6G showed it went down to just below 2" ID.

I haven't even looked under the car I thought this replaced from the cats all the way back, it has the H mid pipe and what not also

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
It sounds like they are doing regular remote street tuning on them now, I doubt he's doing anything special for me, he said I could do it on the dyno or street didn't matter to him

thats what i was wondering.

i want the gt350 intake tb jlt intake and lund flex fuel tune for mine before summers over i hope.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
thats what i was wondering.

i want the gt350 intake tb jlt intake and lund flex fuel tune for mine before summers over i hope.

N/A and nitrous cars they always street tune, I was worried because I herd several people with superchargers say they would only do them on the dyno, either way it dosent really make a huge difference to me but I feel like you end up with a better tune with more data logging in different conditions on the street

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
No desire to come up towards this way and work with any of the tuners in IL?
I'm not aware of any GOOD Coyote tuners in this area???
what the hell? thought lund did tunes for some vendor blower kits. i know its like a 550 dollar extra on teambeefcakeracing.com for remote lund tuning.

Lund has been street tuning blower cars for quite some time. Not sure why Lund would make it sound like he's doing it as a favor...lol

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I know Shaun at AED wont do a boosted car unless it was on a dyno.. I inquired when I had my 2014 and was going to get a paxton.

weird think things are a little more technological advanced now a days.

bama has been doing remote tunes for years.

just saying the capability has been around for a while.

just comes down to risk id assume.

:dunno:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
weird think things are a little more technological advanced now a days.

bama has been doing remote tunes for years.

just saying the capability has been around for a while.

just comes down to risk id assume.

:dunno:

He had his 14 till almost the end of 14 it was only a year and a half ago when he was inquiring about tuning a blower car, I think Sean will do blower cars on the street for previous customers that he knows won't get one revision and start beating the crap out of the car and wind up blowing it up then blaming him, I know a guy getting a street tune on a hellion kit right now from him, I don't know if Lund is the same way or what but just a week or so ago I was reading about guys on svt performance stating Lund told them he would only remotely tune there tvs cars on the dyno, he just told me I had to buy a harness and a temp probe so they could watch the blower outlet temp on the data logs, and he would remote tune it however I wanted

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
For some people, I've herd stories of him bending over backwards for others, personally Lund has treated me well and had the best drivability out of all the tunes that I've tried, not that I've had a bunch but a few different ones

He started out that way for me. I was one of three people from SVTP when the 2011 5.0 job one cars came out, testing his street, race and lope idle tunes. They were all very strong, but had lots of quirks. One of which was a part throttle hesitation that was bad enough that I had to bring it up quite a few times. Once he got big, he was too busy racing his 5.0 and raking in all the new clients' money. It was getting harder and harder to get revisions that were better than the previous in terms of drivibility, and more often than not I would flash back to stock for weeks at a time. I asked him for one final hard look at mine before I started bringing up my concerns on SVTP. Well that set him off and it spiraled out of control from there. He would lash out over email, then 10 minutes later send me a revision to test. He was pompous and acted like he didnt need our help anymore since his business had grown. Thats fine, but I still payed for that beta tune. Same price as everyone else. And all I wanted was a working tune.

Oh and he was notorious for telling me about symptoms and changes he made to the tunes, but then denying them all together when they didnt fix anything. God forbid I had asked to go E85. His attitude and ability to make you feel like you just ripped him from the operating table to answer the phone, made me sick. I washed my hands of him and went back to stock. Didnt matter, that car was sold a few weeks later. I was his biggest advocate and fan too on those forums. And he fucked us pretty good. Fuck him.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Street tune and a dyno tune are essential for a complete tune, imo.

Agreed. I always logged all the tunes for my out of state tuners on back streets, and took the car out west on IXX highway to do the 4th gear pulls for WOT. And for the 5.0 it was 5th gear pulls...

But yes both wot on the dyno then take it to the street for the refinements is crucial.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Why are you against a dyno tune? Seems like a hassle ton"street" tune, send in you data log, wait for a new tune, down load, street tune again blah blah blah..... 1 hour on Dyno makes more sense to me.

If you are talking to me, at the time Shaun was one of only like three tuners that had the lopey idle tunes and also were able to make killer street and race tunes for the 5.0s. Now any shmo has the value file they made from SCT and is pumping them out for cheap.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
So after a dyno tune you would data log and send to tuner? How does one data log? I'm not sure my SCT actually captures data. Maybe my old school 03 would just not be capable

SCT plugs into the car, and also via USB cable into a laptop running SCT Live. Then you setup the PIDs you want to capture and hit the green button. Thats how it used to be. Best to use a buddy too for that...

MrMezger996

Formerly CobraSki
TCG Premium
Jun 12, 2015
Hoffman Estates
If you are talking to me, at the time Shaun was one of only like three tuners that had the lopey idle tunes and also were able to make killer street and race tunes for the 5.0s. Now any shmo has the value file they made from SCT and is pumping them out for cheap.

I wasn't, was referring to [MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION] but interesting non the less.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
They do the same thing on the street or dyno 3rd gear from 2500rpm to redline, so either way your getting the same log, on the street it's a real world load with air moving over the car at the speed it's moving, both are fine I just feel like it's a hassle to take it to a dyno for the same thing I can do on the street, data logging is super easy once you have it down, i plug in drive 5 minutes to the country do a 3rd gear pull come home up load it, work on other shit around the house get an email later telling me how it looked and a revision if I need one repeat as needed, once the wot revisions are done I send in some low speed driving around town stuff to look over drivability and it's done and you have an awesome all around tune

Thread Info