1quick's 2016 Mustang Roush Stage 2 Hellcat killer

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
This is what jlt sent me to “fix” the problem, but it doesn’t fit right and just blows right out as soon as I drive the car at speed

IMG_1750.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
The new defuser worked great last night 4+ hours of driving, this car just plain works and I couldn’t be any happier with how it performs at the track and daily driver duty, once again drove it to the track and ran it just like it drives down the street every day the 9.815 is a new pb, the 9.9 I bumped my intercooler pump switch and turned it off at some point I’m guessing during the burnout because the iat’s were about 60* hotter than normal at the end of the run lol
IMG_1759.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
:thinking: ok

Here’s a potato quality video showing what it does, the air intake is wide open normally great for wot max power runs but gives a shit maf signal for cruising speeds so I block it off for normal driving and pull the piece out at the track jlt doesn’t make anything like this people must just deal with a surg at cruising speeds I guess

https://youtu.be/7fs17eq2wzs

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
did they JUSt find out that issue?

I put a JLT intake on my 2014 and instantly sold it due to surging that no one could fix.

fuck that

Most tuners can fix the issue with more tuning but my tune was so mint I didn’t want to mess with it, jlt knows about the issue it’s there maf tube design, on my car pbd had the tune perfect and then I did a grill delete witch added more turbulent air to the air filter area and fucked the maf signal up worse and caused it to surge again, that shitty foam piece is the jlt solution to the grill delete on blower cars, months ago I just started taking the grill duct off and jamming cardboard in front of the box but it looked ghetto as hell, so I decided to fix it right and this was my solution, so if jlt reads this I want royalty’s off my design

Thread Info