1987 Camaro IROC-Z - BrandoLSX Build Thread

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
This thing needs the reproduction original finish 18" Iroc wheels.

DSC00030.jpg

brandoLSX

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time"
Jul 12, 2011
Broomfield, CO
This thing needs the reproduction original finish 18" Iroc wheels.

DSC00030.jpg

Love the way that this sits! I need to drop my front end, but I store it in a basement with a steep incline to get it down there. Wouldn't make it up if I dropped her now. I gotta wait till I get a new storage location. Is that yours Pratt??!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It is not mine. I looked at your first photo and thought it would look good with a over sized OE wheel. So I searched and found they did make them. So clicked on images and found this one. Looks killer with the ride height and wheels. He also has a brake upgrade and needed a larger diameter wheel. Those were also widened by the guy. 18x8 255/45/18 on the fronts, and 295/40/18's on the rear

18x11 IROC Wheels....saga continues - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

18x11.jpg

18x11-2.jpg

18x11-3.jpg

brandoLSX

Jul 12, 2011
Broomfield, CO
It is not mine. I looked at your first photo and thought it would look good with a over sized OE wheel. So I searched and found they did make them. So clicked on images and found this one. Looks killer with the ride height and wheels. He also has a brake upgrade and needed a larger diameter wheel. Those were also widened by the guy. 18x8 255/45/18 on the fronts, and 295/40/18's on the rear

18x11 IROC Wheels....saga continues - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Nice! I have always liked the idea of a bigger OE wheel. I guess I really never searched for them. I knew they made the chrome ones but that just ain't me. With the brake upgrade I need at least a 17" wheel, so 18's are a good size. Tires for 18's are not cheap tho.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Nice! I have always liked the idea of a bigger OE wheel. I guess I really never searched for them. I knew they made the chrome ones but that just ain't me. With the brake upgrade I need at least a 17" wheel, so 18's are a good size. Tires for 18's are not cheap tho.

I think a 17" or 18" OE style wheel would look great. Your car has no major exterior appearance mods. I think the oversized wheels in the OE finish would be the way to go. Chrome wheels have their place. I do not think your car is one of those places.

brandoLSX

Jul 12, 2011
Broomfield, CO
Oh fa sho. Will Google these bulbs now.

Any Luck with googling these bulbs? Will do after work here.

I think a 17" or 18" OE style wheel would look great. Your car has no major exterior appearance mods. I think the oversized wheels in the OE finish would be the way to go. Chrome wheels have their place. I do not think your car is one of those places.

Agreed, chrome does not belong here

brandoLSX

Jul 12, 2011
Broomfield, CO

brandoLSX

Jul 12, 2011
Broomfield, CO
I also started work on my rear end. I am swapping the stock third gen rear out for the forth gen one. It is 4" longer and will eliminate the need for spacers on the rear. I was able to pick one up for cheap from a guy in Indiana. A buddy swapped my rear gear for me to a 4.10 and I installed new axles. I have matching powder coated calipers to match the front ones. a few photos:

Thread Info